java 21 and virtual threads

Joan Balagueró

Sep 12, 2023, 8:02:17 AM9/12/23
to Jedis
Hello,

Will it be possible to run any of the next releases of Jedis on java 21? Will it support virtual threds?

I saw a request with a couple of commits to replace synchronized blocks by ReentrantLocks, but not sure if this will be merged at any point to the main project.

We have an application that is mainly IO bound and we have the requirement to move to java 21 ... we will start using redis so that's why we are exploring all alternatives.

Thanks!

Joan.

Sazzadul Hoque

Sep 13, 2023, 10:02:28 AM9/13/23
to jedis...@googlegroups.com
Will it be possible to run any of the next releases of Jedis on java 21?

I don't see why not.

Will it support virtual threds?

That's still up to the future...