Re: nunc pro tunc From Wiki...and we know who runs that...Comments?

Jim Holmes

Sep 11, 2010, 1:05:30 PM9/11/10
to jedis in commerce
"According to IRS Notice 2007-30, the following is considered a
"frivolous" position and is subject to $5,000 fine. Inserting the
phrase “nunc pro tunc” or similar arguments on a return or other
document submitted to the Service has no legal effect, such as
reducing a taxpayer’s tax liability, and such phrase is described as
frivolous in Rev. Rul. 2006-17, 2006-15 I.R.B. 748."

It may not reduce liability, but can it get you past a deadline?

Does their [corporate][ "declaration" have any force of law?

Jim

tenzin gyurme

Sep 12, 2010, 3:38:19 PM9/12/10
to jedis-in...@googlegroups.com
Which is true.  If you submit a document in the Public, which is what the IRS is addressing, I.E. on a Return (public) or on a ducument submitted to the IRS (in the public) it has  no significance.

However, the documents that we are using the phrase (nunc pro tunc) on , note the parenthesis which denote exception, are indeed  not on the documents.  And it is the date, that is placed on the document, which when uncontested on a private communication, becomes the new offer which when dishonored, and the dishonor is noted and witnessed by a third party becomes a new agreement by tacit acquiescence.

Tenzin