Getting resources using EWJS (2007+).

christoffe...@cateringportal.dk

Aug 8, 2018, 3:12:08 AM8/8/18
to jec users
Hi all.

I am looking to get the resources (rooms) from my exchange server.
I have found the following guides:

I have read these and is still confused about the whole process of getting the resources. My end goal is, that i want to be able to book meeting in specific rooms from a application.

Do any of you know if it is possible to get the resources (rooms) using EWJS (2007 +) and how do i technically achieve this using this framework?

I looked in the documentation and could not find any specific functions to extract the resources.

jonathan sanders

Aug 8, 2018, 11:25:29 AM8/8/18
to jec users2
Hi,
A resource is like a user, you can access it via active directory (use java directory api).

Best Regards,
Jonathan Sanders,
Developer & Support Eng,
NetComps LTD

christoffe...@cateringportal.dk

Aug 9, 2018, 4:30:45 AM8/9/18
to jec users
What i have managed to until now with the EWSJ is to acces a normal users events and contacts.
What i want to create is a call that can acces the users and resources in a company, with there permision of course. I think this will require a user with administrator rights that have acces to other user's contacts.

On this note is there a difference between what i have done until now and accessing the users?
If i want to acces this information is it standard to use active directory or can the function getPublicContacts() to get the same result?
If so how do i in exchange as an administrator use and setup the public contact folder?

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 10:12 AM, <christoffe...@cateringportal.dk> wrote:
Hi all.

I am looking to get the resources (rooms) from my exchange server.
I have found the following guides:

I have read these and is still confused about the whole process of getting the resources. My end goal is, that i want to be able to book meeting in specific rooms from a application.

Do any of you know if it is possible to get the resources (rooms) using EWJS (2007 +) and how do i technically achieve this using this framework?

I looked in the documentation and could not find any specific functions to extract the resources.

jonathan sanders

Aug 9, 2018, 7:12:12 AM8/9/18
to christoffe...@cateringportal.dk, jec users2
Please check the:
resolveNameExample()

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/jec-users2.

christoffe...@cateringportal.dk

Aug 9, 2018, 10:13:03 AM8/9/18
to jec users
I looked at that example and could not get it running, got this error:
ERROR - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><s:Header><h:ServerVersionInfo MajorVersion="15" MinorVersion="20" MajorBuildNumber="1017" MinorBuildNumber="19" Version="V2018_01_08" xmlns:h="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/></s:Header><s:Body><m:ResolveNamesResponse xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:t="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types"><m:ResponseMessages><m:ResolveNamesResponseMessage ResponseClass="Error"><m:MessageText>No results were found.</m:MessageText><m:ResponseCode>ErrorNameResolutionNoResults</m:ResponseCode><m:DescriptiveLinkKey>0</m:DescriptiveLinkKey></m:ResolveNamesResponseMessage></m:ResponseMessages></m:ResolveNamesResponse></s:Body></s:Envelope>
jec.ItemNotFoundException:

When i try to run getPublicContacts() i get this error:
jec.ExchangeGeneralException: public contacts folder not found

What can be the cause of this?

I had an idea of using Azure to extract the user from our AD like the ones shown on the screenshot below. Do your API support this at all?

Azure.png

jonathan sanders

Aug 9, 2018, 2:23:55 PM8/9/18
to jec users2
This is actually not an error, it only means that the query did not returned any items, it managed to connect to active directory.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/jec-users2.

christoffe...@cateringportal.dk

Aug 10, 2018, 2:38:55 AM8/10/18
to jec users
Ahhh i see thank you logged in as admin and searched for an existing name. This returned a user from my Azure AD.
Is it possible to retrieve the entire list of users with a less specific search String like resolveNames("@domain.com"); ? If not how do i go about this?

jonathan sanders

Aug 10, 2018, 4:36:25 AM8/10/18
to jec-u...@googlegroups.com
The resolveNames method support partial names search, and return an array,
Please see in the related example.