Support for Impersonation in Office 365

Michiel Heij

Mar 15, 2016, 5:27:11 AM3/15/16
to jec users

Hello,

For a Mendix plugin that connects to Office 365 I need to confirm that Impersonation services are functioning.

We use an Application called SWIT2 that is developed in the Mendix development suite.

Within the Mendix marketplace we use a plugin called: Mendix Exchange Module, which in turn uses the EWSJ 1.20_39t2 library.

We have successfully connected this version of the plugin to Office 365, but have failed to setup Impersonation services successfully.

I have confirmed that Impersonation services are functioning in our Office 365 setup using EWSEditor (a utility from Microsoft).

It would help us greatly if you could confirm that it would in fact be possible to use Impersonation services with Office 365 using the EWSJ 1.20_39t2 library.

Your website describes a newer EWSJ365 Trial version. This suggest there are specific features that are currently not available in the older SWSJ versions.

I would very much like to hear if you can help us to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Michiel Heij

Infrastructure Engineer

CED Netherlands

ps, I've tried e-mailing this to in...@javaexchangeconnector.com>: but apparently your mailbox is full.

jonathan sanders

Mar 15, 2016, 5:30:18 AM3/15/16
to jec users2
Hi,
Yes,
Impersonation is supported for your version.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Sanders,
Developer & Support Eng,
NetComps LTD

Michiel Heij

Mar 15, 2016, 5:34:17 AM3/15/16
to jec users
Thanks for you quick response. Is there any way to troubleshoot this process.
We receive an error 500 when we connect to the Office 365 environment with Impersonatio

jonathan sanders

Mar 15, 2016, 5:35:46 AM3/15/16
to jec users2
Please send me the logs (directly, not to the forum):

Please change the log4j.properties, located at the lib directory to:

----------------------
log4j.rootLogger=WARN
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%c] %m%n
log4j.category.jec.utils.AppLogger=DEBUG, stdout
log4j.logger.httpclient.wire=DEBUG, stdout
log4j.logger.httpclient=DEBUG, stdout
---------------------

Please send me your full debug log (as an attachment) and test code.

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Michiel Heij <mche...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for you quick response. Is there any way to troubleshoot this process.
We receive an error 500 when we connect to the Office 365 environment with Impersonatio

Michiel Heij

Mar 15, 2016, 5:43:35 AM3/15/16
to jec users
Thanks, I will pass this on to the development team and will get back to you.

Michiel Heij

Mar 15, 2016, 11:11:07 AM3/15/16
to jec users
Thank you Jonathan, the issues has been resolved thanks to your logging tip.

We noticed a domain setting was incorrect in one of the forms. This would not have been a problem if not for the specific way the Mendix application uses this field to fill out the connection strings.
Either way, i am very happy to have resolved this issues.

Thanks a lot!

jonathan sanders

Mar 15, 2016, 11:14:39 AM3/15/16
to jec users2
Great!

Michiel Heij

Apr 5, 2016, 10:42:54 AM4/5/16
to jec users
Hello.

Yesterday we switched to the Office365 environment and this seems to work, although only partly.
We use 2 domains in the application that is using the jec plugin. It seems users from the 1st domain are able to connect/modify/delete calendar items.
Although we also have cases where the second domain functions and there are reports that in some cases users from the first domain are affected (their appointments are not added to the calendar)

The logging results in error HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Microsoft suggests this is caused by the domain suffix, which indeed is different from the impersonation account and both the domains that are used by the users.

Do you have any suggestions on how to resolve this issues?

jonathan sanders

Apr 5, 2016, 10:45:12 AM4/5/16
to jec users2
Please send me the related logs with the failure, and I will check it.

Michiel Heij

Apr 6, 2016, 10:21:22 AM4/6/16
to jec users
Hello Jonathan,

The issue has been resolved. Somehow the permission on the calendars were corrupted.
I manually reset the permissions and now everything works.

Thanks!

jonathan sanders

Apr 6, 2016, 10:22:09 AM4/6/16
to jec users2