Awesome story of migration to open source in a hospital at coimbatore

Shrinivasan T

Aug 16, 2012, 2:11:00 PM8/16/12
to foss...@googlegroups.com, fossnews, maili...@fsftn.org, kanc...@freelists.org, chenna...@googlegroups.com, jec...@googlegroups.com, linuxus...@googlegroups.com
Here is the awesome story of a hospital in coimbatore migrated to
GNU/Linux, written by a doctor.

<quote>

The Great Dream …

This post is my dream .. or has been for about 4 years.

A day that my hospital runs on full Open Source Software.

First a little about me. I am a practicing Paediatric Orthopaedic and
Spine Surgeon. I am a Open Source enthusiast. I started using Linux 6
years ago and for past 4 year I am using it almost exclusively at work
and home. The only time I use Windows is for the odd gaming. I do
Python programming – web & desktop.

I dreamed that the hospital will implement an all Open Source
Solution. I advised them likewise.

</quote>

Read more at
http://dreaswar.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/my-hospital-runs-linux-or-how-we-closed-the-windows-opened-the-doors/