API for dalvik type hierarchy

Q1ng Sec

Aug 27, 2021, 11:11:05 AM8/27/21
to JEB Decompiler
How to get dalvik method overrides or type-hierarchy from script?

Nicolas Falliere

Aug 27, 2021, 11:52:33 AM8/27/21
to Q1ng Sec, JEB Decompiler
Hello,

See those two examples:
- method overrides (works also for "fields masking"): https://gist.github.com/nfalliere/94351c2cf59d4a595990afe14fec75bc

In both cases, you need to go through the Actions API, which is generic (works for all plugins, not just dex) but a bit cumbersome to use. Behind the scene, dex uses type managers that we may make accessible directly in the IDexUnit object, for smoother queries. (We may add it in 4.5.)

PS: Please join us on Slack for this kind of question, so that more users benefit from the discussion!

Best regards,
--
Nicolas Falliere (ni...@pnfsoftware.com)
JEB Decompiler, Founder and Architect