Floating licenses all in use

mike durakovich

Jul 20, 2020, 1:25:05 PM7/20/20
to JEB Decompiler
We have a floating license instance, and when the licenses are in use, the client (at least on windows) launches and closes immediately with no messaging whatsoever. Is there a way to get a message box or something indicating there are no seats available? Right now there's only looking at the logs available on the server, which means added layers of troubleshooting.

Nicolas Falliere

Jul 20, 2020, 1:28:28 PM7/20/20
to mike durakovich, JEB Decompiler
Hello Mike,

That's strange, because the client should launch as normal, and after a few seconds, a pop-up should inform the user about the lack of seat availability. The client should never close right away.
Are you sure there isn't something else that would prevent JEB client from starting?

Best regards,
--
Nicolas Falliere (ni...@pnfsoftware.com)
JEB Decompiler, Founder and Architect

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 10:25 AM mike durakovich <mdura...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have a floating license instance, and when the licenses are in use, the client (at least on windows) launches and closes immediately with no messaging whatsoever. Is there a way to get a message box or something indicating there are no seats available? Right now there's only looking at the logs available on the server, which means added layers of troubleshooting.

mike durakovich

Jul 20, 2020, 1:37:10 PM7/20/20
to Nicolas Falliere, JEB Decompiler
We've had several people try, and have the same behavior. I even tried a fresh install on a VM. My sysadmin guy that maintains the server captured a short video showing what we see, attached.

Mike D
jeb.mp4

Nicolas Falliere

Jul 20, 2020, 1:59:32 PM7/20/20
to mike durakovich, JEB Decompiler
Thanks Mike, we will look into it today.

Best regards,
--
Nicolas Falliere (ni...@pnfsoftware.com)
JEB Decompiler, Founder and Architect

Nicolas Falliere

Jul 22, 2020, 2:53:36 AM7/22/20
to mike durakovich, JEB Decompiler
Mike,

Found & fixed - thanks for reporting this.
Will be in the next update, around the end of week.

Best regards,
--
Nicolas Falliere (ni...@pnfsoftware.com)
JEB Decompiler, Founder and Architect

mike durakovich

Jul 31, 2020, 10:25:27 AM7/31/20
to JEB Decompiler
Does the July 28 update address this issue? I couldn't find the changelog associated with this update.

Thanks!

Nicolas Falliere

Jul 31, 2020, 10:29:40 AM7/31/20
to mike durakovich, JEB Decompiler