Feature request - Encryption

Claudiu

Oct 22, 2013, 3:49:38 PM10/22/13
to jdar...@googlegroups.com
Could a future version of jDarkRoom provide some sort of encryption? To remain cross-platform, I'm guessing that integration with GPG would be the most easy to implement (like gnupg.vim plugin for vim), but other options are welcomed.

Also, is there any stable v15 planned? Or the development halted for this awesome software? The 15-beta is out for quite some time now, made me worry about the fate of JDarkRoom.

Duncan

Oct 24, 2013, 3:21:14 PM10/24/13
to jdar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claudiu,

Development has been stopped for some time - mainly because:
  • I'm working on other projects at the moment)
  • I'm only just really getting my evenings back after starting a family a few years ago

I have been intending to open source JDarkRoom, but the code needs a lot of tidying up before I would be happy to release it.

As with all these things, the more goodwill I hear and people that would benefit, the more likely I am to pick it up again.  So thank you for your enquiry and I hope to resume JDarkRoom development in the not-too-distant future.

All the best,

Duncan.