mouse problem

Leyfinder Nightstorm

Jun 4, 2013, 5:07:46 PM6/4/13
to jdar...@googlegroups.com
Hi my father is 93 and he has always struggled with computers since he came back from Barbados in 2002 where he never had access to them, however he is desperate to keep writing but with between his lack of understanding, large fingers, great age and near blindness using a word processor has become almost impossible, he is causing all sorts of random events, so the minimalist approach and the lock out of other computer windows, menus, popups and mouse over adverts is going to be just what he needs, so i really hope you can sort out this problem for him.

I installed it on my PC and it works fine and I am able to change the font to a larger one for his restricted sight and other settings but when I installed it on dads pc the mouse is not recognized in JDarkRoom, I tried compatibility mode, he has windows 7

thankyou

Duncan

Oct 24, 2013, 3:27:10 PM10/24/13
to jdar...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

My apologies for not replying until now.  The only thing I can think of would be some sort of Java bug with the particular version of Java that he has on that PC.  Have you tried upgrading it to the latest version?

I've just tested JDarkRoom on Windows 7 with a USB mouse and Java 1.6.0_31, which worked.

Hope that helps,

Duncan.