Upon opening in windows 7, screen switches off if no text entered

christia...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2013, 8:33:42 AM10/2/13
to jdar...@googlegroups.com
This has happened in Dark Room and q10 as well and the only workaround I found was to keep a command line open at the bottom, but then that kills the minimalistic quality of the thing. Any windows setting I should be mucking with?

Duncan

Oct 24, 2013, 3:31:32 PM10/24/13
to jdar...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This sounds like an issue with the Power Options in Control Panel.  Windows 7 is unfortunately still a bit of a mystery to me, even after using it for a year.  I suspect that full-screen mode might be being treated differently to normal (windowed) mode.  Perhaps there might be a setting specifically for games/video?

Hope that helps - sorry I can't be more specific,

Duncan.

christia...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2013, 10:32:07 AM10/26/13
to jdar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  You inspired me to reset all my power schemes and screen saver and lo and behold my problem was solved. Chalk it up to a ghost in the machine.