Shell Wrapper for Linux to Track Daily Goal Across Multiple Files and Sessions

BobNewell

Oct 15, 2010, 3:07:30 PM10/15/10
to JDarkRoom
(This supercedes most of my previously submitted post on this topic)

Because the wrapper script is fast-moving, here is a link to the
latest version at all times:

http://www.bobnewell.net/filez/jworkt.sh

To summarize, the script tracks work against your daily writing goal,
across multiple files and multiple work sessions in a day. It is a
bash script for Linux users and is easily customized.

I added a typewriter sound option which requires the "linux-
typewriter" package (http://github.com/colszowka/linux-typewriter).
This in turn requires many other (mostly standard) packages but if you
want it badly enough you can do it. See the linux-typewriter
documentation and the jworkt.sh script for more info.

Of course, I should be doing my writing instead of shell-hacking!