Fw: Summer Fellowship Opportunity in China

sujian

Feb 8, 2009, 5:37:15 PM2/8/09
to jcs...@googlegroups.com

Salon: Please let us know if you decide to compete for this fellowship so that we could provide you with our full supports.

----------------------------------

My name is Evan Kornbluh, and I am a senior at Harvard College writing to inform you about an upcoming opportunity for the members of the Chinese Salon. Project IMUSE (Initiating Mutual Understanding through Student Exchange) is a nonprofit organization begun last year by students at Harvard University, Tsinghua Univeristy, and Peking University with the goal of creating opportunities for American and Chinese college students to interact and share opinions regarding US-China relations. This year, IMUSE is sponsoring an exchange fellowship for twenty outstanding students each from American and Chinese universities. Fellowship delegates will be provided will full living accommodations in Beijing for two weeks as they participate in a series of group discussions, cultural activities, speaker events, and guided tours that will promote both their understanding of China and of their Chinese peers.

Application to become an American delegate is open to students at any American college. We think that this program is an exciting opportunity that correlates with the interests of your organization, and we hope that you will help us distribute information about the program to your members. We are asking your help to publicize the competition on any websites, Facebook pages, and listservs that serve the members of your group. The application for the fellowship is available here, at http://www.projectimuse.org/programs.php. Our website also contains more information about Project IMUSE and about our activities in the United States and China last year.

The deadline for all three contests is April 1, 2009. We sincerely hope that you will help us to inform your students about the program.

In addition, we would like to know if you would be interested in helping us advertise further by putting up posters on your campus. If you can help us with this, IMUSE will compensate you for all of your printing costs and will list your organization as a 'Collaborating Organization' on our website and on all of our printed literature. Please let us know if you would be interested

Please respond to this email if you are interested in helping us publicize, or if you have further questions, and I would be happy to send you the all of the information you would need to forward.

Best Wishes,

Evan Kornbluh

Board of Directors, IMUSE 2009

korn...@fas.harvard.edu

Subject: IMUSE 2009 Beijing Summer Fellowship Program

Project IMUSE (Initiating Mutual Understanding through Student

Exchange) is a nonprofit organization offering undergraduate students

around the United States with a unique fellowship opportunity in

China. Each fellow will spend two weeks with other fellows from around

the US and China, exploring US-China relations by attending events,

learning from each other, and exploring their role in the future of

their countries.

Fellowship delegates will be provided will full living accommodations

in Beijing for two weeks as they participate in a series of group

discussions, cultural activities, speaker events, and guided tours

that will promote both their understanding of China and of their

Chinese peers. Please refer to the website for more information:

http://www.projectimuse.org/

Applications are due no later than April 1, 2009.