DES, 3DES, BlowFish, Rjindael, and Serpent.

deat...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2015, 2:56:55 PM3/11/15
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
Currently I am using CrypTool 2 to deal with DES, but neither support the types above. Is there a plugin or a newer version that support them?

Dominik Schadow

Mar 12, 2015, 5:31:31 PM3/12/15
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Currently only the classic CrypTool is supporting those algorithms. Regards, Dominik

deat...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2015, 6:27:08 PM3/12/15

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 4:31:31 PM UTC-5, Dominik Schadow wrote:
Hi, Currently only the classic CrypTool is supporting those algorithms. Regards, Dominik

Thanks for the reply, I will have to install that then. Do you think we will ever see these algorithms in CrypTool 2 or JcrypTool?

Dominik Schadow

Mar 13, 2015, 3:37:37 AM3/13/15
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com, deat...@gmail.com
Do you only want to encrypt and decrypt data? If that is the case the JCrypTool FlexiProvider integration supports some of the listed algorithms: 3DES, Rjindael, and Serpent. Switch to the Algorithms perspective and select the algorithm in the Block Ciphers section. This is only encryption and decryption, no deeper analysis or visualization. DES and BlowFish are not available there.

The missing algorithms are hopefully available in JCrypTool one day but there is no plug-in planned in detail at the moment. You can find a list of all available algorithms and the path to launch them here: https://www.cryptool.org/en/ctp-documentation-en/ctp-functions-en

Dominik

deat...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2015, 12:16:33 PM3/13/15
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com, deat...@gmail.com

I didn't see that site, thanks for the link. I am currently working on a project that involves decrypting using those algorithms. I don't need any deep analysis, just entropy data.