Successfully installed JCrypTool, but program won't run

stefan....@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 9:18:11 AM10/26/15
to JCrypTool Users
Hi everyone,

I'm needing to use JCrypTool for a class project. I successfully downloaded the latest JCT build (jcryptool-0.9.8.Setup.x86_64.exe). After the installer completed its work, I attempted to run the application. I've now attempted to run the application several times (including as Administrator) with no success.

I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit with Java version 8, update 25. Both my operating system and Java have all the latest updates installed. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated!

Dominik Schadow

Oct 26, 2015, 12:18:54 PM10/26/15
to JCrypTool Users, stefan....@gmail.com
Hi Stefan,

Please download the latest JCrypTool weekly build from https://www.cryptool.org/en/jct-downloads/jct-downloads-weekly-en This should work on Windows 10 and is pretty stable at this point (0.9.9 will be available soon).

Regards, Dominik

stefan....@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 12:48:00 PM10/26/15
to JCrypTool Users, stefan....@gmail.com
Hi Dominik,

That version ended up working. I can now run the program successfully!

Thanks for your help,

Stefan