Uninitialized keystore??

jan.f...@gmail.com

May 5, 2018, 6:16:18 PM5/5/18
to JCrypTool Users

Hi! I keep getting this error when I try to create a new key pair in the keystore - "Uninitialized keystore" !!

Jan

jan.f...@gmail.com

May 6, 2018, 1:48:29 AM5/6/18
to JCrypTool Users
The latest Java version 171/172 seemed to be the problem! Backed to for example JRE 8 build 144 and now it works!!

Dominik Schadow

May 6, 2018, 5:16:36 AM5/6/18
to JCrypTool Users
Hi Jan,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We have heard about this issue before but haven't fixed it yet. The bug ticket is https://github.com/jcryptool/core/issues/120, in the meanwhile you have picked the correct workaround by downgrading the Java version.

Regards, Dominik

nikhil...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2018, 2:55:04 AM7/6/18
to JCrypTool Users
facing the issue

java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Rejected by the jceks.key.serialFilter or jdk.serialFilter property
at com.sun.crypto.provider.KeyProtector.unseal(KeyProtector.java:352)
at com.sun.crypto.provider.JceKeyStore.engineGetKey(JceKeyStore.java:136)
at java.security.KeyStore.getKey(KeyStore.java:1023)

seems related

simlei

Jul 6, 2018, 12:48:41 PM7/6/18
to JCrypTool Users
Hi,
thanks for adding your report. This seems indeed related to this problem which is still under investigation (we were not yet able to make meaningful exemptions to the serialization filter).

Best regards