Help not functioning in win7 x64

Martin Adams

Oct 8, 2013, 4:25:16 PM10/8/13
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
Hallo there.

CrypTool (amazing product thanks :) seems to have a problem with the help function.

Whatever I have selected when I select F1 all I see is:

CrypTool [Warning]: (-) No special help file found for Cryptool.Plugins.Converter.Converter!
CrypTool [Warning]: (-) No special help file found for Cryptool.CrypWin.MainWindow!

How can we fix this?

Regards
Martin Adams
Amsterdam

Martin Adams

Oct 8, 2013, 4:39:28 PM10/8/13
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
More correctly

CrypTool [Warning]: (-) No special help file found for Cryptool.Plugins."function_i_have_selected_when_I_press_F1".Converter!
CrypTool [Warning]: (-) No special help file found for Cryptool.CrypWin.MainWindow!

Martin Adams

Oct 9, 2013, 7:24:32 AM10/9/13
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
It updated just now and is working fine thanks.

Dominik Schadow

Oct 10, 2013, 2:29:44 PM10/10/13
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

Sorry for the delay. I guess you have already updated to our latest weekly build? There is a known bug in the latest release candidate, a new one will be published within the next two months. At this time, the weekly build is already relatively stable, you should not experience too much additional trouble ;-)

Thanks for using JCrypTool!

Regards, Dominik

Martin Adams

Oct 10, 2013, 3:40:12 PM10/10/13
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com

Dominik
Yes thanks. The help function is a bit wobbly. Sometimes it gives a warning that it's not working but then works anyway. So it's not really an emergency.

Thanks for making a cool program.

Martin

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Dominik Schadow

Oct 10, 2013, 4:41:41 PM10/10/13
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

Help should work with our weekly build. If this happens again please email me your log (located in userhome/Documents/.jcryptool/.metadata, file is .log), hopefully this file contains an exception. F1 should bring you directly to the plug-in help page, or, if there is none available, to the help start page.

Dominik