Anybody got help with setting my preferences back to the default?

Catalina Juarros

Nov 5, 2013, 6:07:27 PM11/5/13
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

I recently downloaded JCrypTool with the intent of learning more about cryptography and computer security, but I accidentally skipped the overview and tutorial when I opened it and now I don't know how to access this screen again:

Every time I open it I get this one, which I find pretty overwhelming since I'm a complete beginner:

I've already tried deleting every JCrypTool related file I could find in my computer and downloading it again, but it didn't work. I can't find any JCrypTool files or folders in Applications (neither in /Applications nor in /Users/mac/Applications), not even when displaying hidden directories.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dominik Schadow

Nov 6, 2013, 3:36:30 AM11/6/13
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Catalina,

The welcome page you are refering to is only displayed on the first start. You can open it via the Help menu and the entry Welcome.

JCrypTool data is stored in a workspace folder .jcryptool (hidden), located in your Documents folder. Deleting this folder displays the welcome page on the next start too.

Dominik