Can't run JCrypTool on OS X 10.10.2 (Yosemite)

cristian.bog...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2015, 6:30:08 PM3/27/15
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
java -version
java version "1.8.0_31"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.31-b07, mixed mode)

Oddly enough, when trying to run JCrypTool.app, I'm told that 'To open "JCrypTool" you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.'

Any idea why?

Thank you,

Dominik Schadow

Mar 28, 2015, 6:41:00 AM3/28/15
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com, cristian.bog...@gmail.com
Hi,

That's weird. I'm using Yosemite too, without the legacy Java SE runtime. Are you trying to launch the 'jcryptool-1.0.0-macosx.cocoa.x86_64.zip' version? This is the correct version, and the 32bit version on 64bit JVM error used to be different.

Do any other Java applications work on your Mac?

Dominik

Cristian Grigoriu

Mar 28, 2015, 1:27:37 PM3/28/15
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

Indeed, I’m using this version. Another Java application I have is Burp Suite Professional 1.6.12 and it runs just fine.

Dominik Schadow

Mar 28, 2015, 2:14:24 PM3/28/15
to jcrypto...@googlegroups.com, cristian.bog...@gmail.com
I was able to reproduce this error. Please download our latest weekly build https://www.cryptool.org/en/jct-downloads-en/jct-downloads-stable-en This problem 'only' affects our stable build. A new stable build will be available in the next couple of weeks, our weekly build is relatively stable at this time.

Dominik