Re: [jcryptool-developers] Problem with creating new plug-in

Dominik Schadow

Dec 1, 2016, 3:13:26 PM12/1/16
to jcryptool-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You don’t need to create a release to test your plug-in. After following the getting started guide you should end up with a run menu entry for JCrypTool. Simply edit that configuration, switch to the plug-ins tab and add your new plug-in. This should make it available during runtime.

Regards, Dominik

Am 30. November 2016 um 19:13:11, Yuliya Katenko (katenk...@gmail.com) schrieb:

Hello!

During my university classes I had a great pleasure learning new cryptographic algorithms using CrypTool. Now I would like to develop my own crypto plug-in for JCrypTool. I tried to execute all steps of Getting started as a JCrypTool Developer, Creating a new Plug in and Creating a new Release, but didn’t get the result I needed.

At first I created simple plugin named org.jcryptool.crypto.classic.exampe, then added it to org.jcryptool.crypto.classic.feature/feature.xml and updated JCrypTool run configuration. After that I exported my plug-in as JAR archive, copied jar file into the jcryptool/dropins and started JCrypTool. According to Creating a new Release my plug-in should now be available in JCrypTool, but I can’t find it anywhere.

I will be very appreciate if you help me.

Best regards,

Yuliya Katenko