Add new JCE Provider in JCrypTool

Mohd Siddique Abdul Samad

Oct 23, 2017, 10:02:05 AM10/23/17
to JCrypTool Developers
Hi,

Could you please pin point on How can we add custom JCE provider into JCrypTool.

Thanks
Mohd Siddique Bagwan

simlei

Oct 25, 2017, 6:44:29 AM10/25/17
to JCrypTool Developers
Hi,

You cannot do this (easily). We currently rely on the BouncyCastle Provider. As a starting point to where that JCE provider is configured, take a look at the project  (core repo)/org.bouncycastle/ and /core/org.bouncycastle/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF where the org.bouncycastle JCE implementation dependencies are listed. The user interface for that provider (Algorithm perspective) is fueled by bouncy-castle-specific XML that describes the available operations. So, I am afraid you can't just swap out the bouncycastle provider with another.

We are currently working very fine-grained abstraction over the cryptography provider.

May I ask what you try to achieve more specifically, or does that answer all your questions?

Kind regards