[ANN] jclouds 1.6.0 released!

Adrian Cole

Apr 28, 2013, 10:10:01 PM4/28/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com, jcl...@googlegroups.com

jclouds 1.6 represents 7 months of refactoring to essentially “reset” the project 4 years after its founding.  The goal was to do less magic and be easier to code and troubleshoot.

No doubt, we’ve added new apis, including ones from OpenStack, Rackspace, AWS, DynECT, and UltraDNS, so if any of that interests you, move on to details in the release notes.

Most exciting is our move to the Apache Incubator.  Watch out as details will unfold this week as we progress to our next level of open source!

In the mean time, update your jclouds to version 1.6.0 and let us know how it works for you!

Tim Peierls

Apr 30, 2013, 8:01:30 AM4/30/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com, jclou...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Adrian Cole <adrian...@gmail.com> wrote:

In the mean time, update your jclouds to version 1.6.0 and let us know how it works for you!

OK:

There was hitch -- there always is -- but it ended up being for the good. I had forgotten about the deprecation of BlobMap, so my initial recompilation was marred by deprecation warnings. I grumbled at first about having to do more work, but it turned out to be quite easy to replace BlobMap invocations with closer-to-the-metal BlobStore code, and I was able to jettison a whole layer of caching that I'm pretty sure was unnecessary from the get-go, but which hadn't bitten me enough to get rid of before this.

So ... yay!

--tim

Adrian Cole

Apr 30, 2013, 10:36:27 AM4/30/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com, jcl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing!
-A

Nicolas Viard

May 2, 2013, 3:39:35 AM5/2/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com, jclou...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In the release notes page, the link to jclouds 1.6 javadoc doesn't work. Is that possible to fix it?

Thanks,

Nicolas V

Everett Toews

May 2, 2013, 9:55:14 AM5/2/13
to <jclouds@googlegroups.com>, jclou...@googlegroups.com
I tested the link to 1.6

and it worked for me. I tested all of the links from 1.5.0 to 1.6.0 and they're all working.

Try again?

Everett