1.6.0 final coming up this weekend

Andrew Bayer

Apr 23, 2013, 3:20:01 PM4/23/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com, jcl...@googlegroups.com
So 1.6.0 rc5 is out, and the incubator vote is underway. It'd be good for us to get 1.6.0 out before we actually join the ASF, just to prevent any confusion that could be caused by us doing a major release outside of ASF right after we joined ASF. =) So let's target 1.6.0 final this weekend. Adrian will cut the actual bits, and then we'll need to make sure release notes, test reports, etc are updated.

Also, let's try to do a 1.6.0/"Hey, we're in ASF now!" gathering, maybe May 1st?

A.

Adrian Cole

Apr 26, 2013, 11:24:03 AM4/26/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
We will probably need some review assistance this weekend, as well a general idea of who can do what.

Can folks mention any availability they expect to have this weekend for review, testing, documentation, blog, or release note preparation?

Also, if anyone has big last minute changes needed, please make them known.  For example,  moving a provider out of labs or a couple thousand line change.

Lets do our best to finish the release this weekend, and break our practice of letting it dangle with unfinished tasks for weeks on end. This *is* our last major non-ASF release, so lets get it done.

Best,
-Adrian

Everett Toews

Apr 26, 2013, 12:07:17 PM4/26/13
to <jclouds-dev@googlegroups.com>
I'll be around to help out with all of that stuff.

Everett

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jclouds-dev" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jclouds-dev?hl=en.

Zack

Ignasi

Apr 26, 2013, 1:54:36 PM4/26/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com

I'll be available to release Chef and will update the release notes and docs to reflect the Context changes.

I am also removing the async stuff from Abiquo, it's quite a big api and I'll do my best to raise a PR in time.

Adrian Cole

Apr 26, 2013, 2:58:58 PM4/26/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ignasi.

As chef is a leaf repo you have a wee bit more time if you need it.

Andrew Phillips

Apr 26, 2013, 7:25:13 PM4/26/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
> Can folks mention any availability they expect to have this weekend for
> review, testing, documentation, blog, or release note preparation?

I should be available for at least part of Sunday.

ap

Adrian Cole

Apr 28, 2013, 8:06:40 PM4/28/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
Hi, folks.

Please have a look at the following release notes.  As was discussed earlier on irc it would look best for us to release a "big non-asf release" before vs after acceptance into the incubator.  Particularly, Everett, Ignasi, and Ioannis have been working quite hard at this.  As we are at final steps, let's try to finish the last tasks so this doesn't bleed into next week.

-A

ap