Adding silkysun to BuildHive

Becca Wood

Apr 6, 2013, 7:38:15 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

If anyone would like the docbuilds to go smoother, I now know how to run them in Jenkins.  The builds are currently running in my own CloudBees account.  Does anyone know how to get silkysun added to the BuildHive account so I can add the builds in there?

Thanks,

Becca

Adrian Cole

Apr 6, 2013, 7:42:35 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
so I added the webhook in jclouds.github.com repo and also enabled in buildhive, but it needs to be configured:

Adrian Cole

Apr 6, 2013, 7:44:26 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
in the very least, we need to stuff something into the "Shell Script" section which is executed for each PR.

-a

Becca Wood

Apr 6, 2013, 7:54:29 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
I've managed to get it configured in my own dev@cloud, so I know I can put the shell script in if there is a configure link like in my own CloudBees ci.  I'm not sure how to add the shell script to BuildHive.

Adrian Cole

Apr 6, 2013, 7:55:34 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
one way is to paste it here, so that I can paste it :)

jclouds is an account, not an org, so I'm not sure if you can configure it or now.

-A

Becca Wood

Apr 6, 2013, 8:05:09 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
I don't see a configure link when I click on it, so I don't think I can add it in myself.

This is what's working my CloudBees account:

gem install jekyll rdiscount --no-rdoc --no-ri --conservative
$(find /home/jenkins/.gem/ -iname jekyll | grep bin | sort -r | head -n 1) --pygments --no-lsi --safe

Give it a run, and let's see if it works.

Adrian Cole

Apr 6, 2013, 8:15:30 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
you'll get an email if this didn't work :)

Adrian Cole

Apr 6, 2013, 8:21:40 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
probably these instructions need to be updated to install gems in a temp dir like /scratch/jenkins

Adrian Cole

Apr 6, 2013, 8:31:17 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
ok per your instructions, adding --user-install to the end of the gem
command worked. now just need a PR to see if the webhook works.

-A

Matt Stephenson

Apr 6, 2013, 8:31:24 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
gem install --user-install is the common thing for that, which forces them to install in ~/.gem, different ruby packagings/versions set gem_home differently

Matt

Andrew Phillips

Apr 6, 2013, 8:47:30 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
> Does anyone know how to get silkysun added to the BuildHive
> account so I can add the builds in there?

I don't think you'll be able to do much with the *BuildHive* build
since you can't mess around with the config much, but you should have
more control with our DEV@cloud account.

I've already added you as a user there, so you should be able to log
in to https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/ and create new jobs.

https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/view/docs/ might be a good view to
start them in ;-)

Let me know if there are any more DEV@cloud configuration questions!

ap

Becca Wood

Apr 6, 2013, 9:23:39 PM4/6/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com, aphi...@qrmedia.com
Thanks, Andrew, but it looks like Adrian and I got everything working.

Andrew Phillips

Apr 7, 2013, 3:47:13 PM4/7/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com, Becca Wood
> Thanks, Andrew, but it looks like Adrian and I got everything working.

Coolio, thanks Becca and Adrian!

ap