Live Stress Testing?

Jeremy Daggett

Jul 3, 2013, 12:47:25 PM7/3/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
jclouds-devs,

I have a situation where I want to test Swift container limits (>10k objects) via a live test. This would be more of the category of "stress" test, but do we really have that notion in jclouds?

I don't believe that this is the kind of test case that would be run with every single execution of the live tests, so I am not clear on which direction to go.

What have others done in the past for test cases that might be *very* long running, and only run every so often?  Has this been solved in the past?

I believe that I could add a TestNG group in the @Test annotation like this on the actual method:

@Test(groups = {"live", "stress"} )
public voide testContainerLimits() {
}

Then I can just specify the groups I want to run, and away we go!

WDYT? Any insight is appreciated, thanks!

/jd

Adrian Cole

Jul 3, 2013, 12:53:23 PM7/3/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com, d...@jclouds.incubator.apache.org
2p Considering our compute tests take ages and cost more resources than creating 10k objects, I'd just add a live test on this.  There have been many pagination, etc related issues in past years to support this being a standard test.

Jeremy Daggett

Jul 3, 2013, 12:56:04 PM7/3/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will go ahead and make it a live test then.  Silly gmail put the old dev address in there, so thanks for forwarding the message! I was just about to resend. ;)

/jd