Please welcome Andrew Bayer, our latest committer to jclouds

Adrian Cole

Apr 5, 2013, 12:22:39 PM4/5/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com, jcl...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure many of you know Andrew Bayer.  He's a regular on irc, meetups, and has presented jclouds around the world to communities including apache and Jenkins.  Andrew is dedicated to doing "what's right for jclouds" in our ecosystem: pushing for change upstream when projects such as Jenkins and Whirr need more out of us.  He led the charge of towards Apache CloudStack compatibility and took effort testing jclouds against hundreds of its vms.  My personal favorite is that he's taken on the famous "ec2 makes too many requests" problem and has already made progress towards that.

It should come as no surprise that I've invited Andrew Bayer as a jclouds committer, and I'm grateful to have his help as we transition into Apache incubation.

Please welcome our latest Andrew!

Cheers,
-Adrian

Andrew Bayer

Apr 5, 2013, 12:27:25 PM4/5/13
to jcl...@googlegroups.com, jclou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Glad to be on board.

A.

Koper, Dies

Apr 5, 2013, 12:29:27 PM4/5/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com

Congrats Andrew!

Regards,

Dies Koper

Ioannis Canellos

Apr 5, 2013, 12:48:01 PM4/5/13
to jclou...@googlegroups.com
His presence is so strong, that the invitation came as a surprise! I thought he was already a committer :-P

Congratulations Andrew!

Ioannis Canellos

Twitter: iocanel

Andrew Phillips