TransactionControllers samples not showing as graphs

Bob Cotton

Feb 6, 2008, 2:51:28 PM2/6/08
to jchav
In JMeter I'm using TransactionControllers to group several http
samplers. The output from jmeter looks like this:

<sample t="7" lt="0" ts="1202316192152" s="true" lb="Iteration Status"
rc="200" rm="Number of samples in transaction : 1, number of failing
sa
mples : 0" tn="Thread Group 1-1" dt="" by="4452">
<httpSample t="5" lt="5" ts="1202316192154" s="true" lb="/slm/
rally.sp" rc="200" rm="OK" tn="Thread Group 1-1" dt="text" by="4452"/>
</sample>

JChav show charts for all httpSamples, but the sample elements don't
create charts.

I've poked around the code, and made modifications to
ExpandJmeterXMLTest (and test data) to see if these elements are being
parsed, and they are. But I can't find where the graphs are (or are
not) being generated.

Ideas? Bug?

Thanks
- Bob

gareth.f...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2008, 8:02:00 AM2/13/08
to jchav
Hi Bob,

Do you have an example (or could you create a simple one) that
illustrates your setup with a TransactionController, and that fails to
produce the graph output.This would be useful for testing with.

I'll have a dig, using the supplied xml, and try to see whats going
on.

Thanks
Gareth

gareth.f...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2008, 8:30:49 AM2/14/08
to jchav, bob.c...@gmail.com
Hi Bob,

I've had a chat with Paul about this, and it turns out that we have
already committed a fix for a similar issue to SVN. I have run jchav
against the sample you supplied, and it does render a graph.

Could you please try the SVN version of jchav to see if this fixes
your issue ?

Many Thanks
Gareth