Connecting the dots

Shuzbut

Sep 11, 2009, 3:18:22 AM9/11/09
to jchav
Is there any way to get a line joining the min point to min points,
max points to max points so that we can have a trend over time rather
than having the Max, Mean and Min connected.

Thanks

Ron

Richard Dallaway

Sep 30, 2009, 11:14:01 AM9/30/09
to jchav
Hi Ron

> Is there any way to get a line joining the min point to min points,
> max points to max points so that we can have a trend over time rather
> than having the Max, Mean and Min connected.

We use jfreechart to produce the graphs. There may be a chart in
there that does what you want to do.

The current graph is drawn via
com.googlecode.jchav.chart.MinMeanMaxChart. This is created in
com.googlecode.jchav.ant.Controller (so it's not pluggable, but we
could make it so if there was alternative graph implementations that
anyone wants to use).

Here are links to info that may help:
- http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/
- http://code.google.com/p/jchav/source/browse/trunk/src/com/googlecode/jchav/chart/MinMeanMaxChart.java

Looking around the jfreechart docs, perhaps something like this object
may be a starting point:
http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/api/javadoc/org/jfree/chart/renderer/category/LineAndShapeRenderer.html
...but I can't be sure.

Anyway: We don't have a quick fix for what you're looking for.

Regards
Richard