Jchav with jmeter 2.3.1

Teo

Dec 19, 2007, 9:28:38 AM12/19/07
to jchav
hi

1) does Jchav wotk with the last stable release of jmeter (2.3.1)?
expecially the maven plugin ...

2) is this project dead or new releases/fiexes/features are going to
be published

Thanks in advance

Matteo

Scott Kentner

Dec 19, 2007, 10:47:05 AM12/19/07
to jc...@googlegroups.com
We are using Jchav with 2.3 with no real problems. Have not tried with
2.3.1 yet.

I am also interested in your question about the status of the Jchav
project. We've made some investment of time in implementing Jchav, but
I'm not sure if the code will continue evolve with Jmeter. We might be
able to do some development of the code targeted to our needs and
thereby contribute to the project.

I sent Paul Goulbourne an email inquiry, but received no reply. Please
let me know if anyone has any info about the project or about tools that
might replace Jchav if it is dead-ended.

Thanks,
SK
The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above. This message may be an attorney-client communication and/or
work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and
that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and
delete the original message.

Richard Dallaway

Dec 19, 2007, 3:17:48 PM12/19/07
to jc...@googlegroups.com

> We are using Jchav with 2.3 with no real problems. Have not tried with
> 2.3.1 yet.

Scott - thanks for confirming that. Testing with 2.3.1 is on my to do
list.

> I am also interested in your question about the status of the Jchav
> project.

We're not dead! Although I can appreciate there would be concern over
the status as we've been silent for so long. My apologies to everyone
for that.

There are a set of changes in subversion and we'll turn that into a
release before Xmas. I'll also reply to the messages on this list.

> I sent Paul Goulbourne an email inquiry, but received no reply.

I'm sitting opposite him now and kicking him.

Regarding the future we're focusing on improved visualization but we'd
love to hear suggestions. Of course code contributions are much
appreciated.

Regard
Richard

Scott Kentner

Dec 19, 2007, 4:00:48 PM12/19/07
to jc...@googlegroups.com
Richard,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Maybe I had the wrong email addr for Paul.

I'm glad to hear that you guys are still engaged with the project. We'll
take a look at the new release after Jan 2nd and try to offer some
feedback.

Thanks,
SK