Creating Change conference

Miguel Morales

Sep 23, 2010, 2:29:12 PM9/23/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to share an opportunity with Q&A for presenting a workshop at the Creating Change conference in Minnesota next February. - http://www.thetaskforce.org/cc11

The ODEI would like to submit a proposal for a workshop based on our partnership with Q&A and our work with LGBT students on campus.

We are having problems identifying Diversity Fellows who are free to attend the conference (I would LOVE to do it but I have another conference that exact same week in DC).

I still think it's a great idea to present a workshop on Queer Lessons from Kansas because even the gay community doesn't see Kansas as 1) having queers 2) having out students or 3) having an office that works with campus queers.

The deadline to submit the proposal is Thursday, Sept 30 -- one week from today.
http://www.thetaskforce.org/cc11/submit_proposal.php?tr=y&auid=6739638

If you guys are interested, let me know ASAP and we can move forward.

miguel

---
Miguel M. Morales
Diversity Fellow, Johnson County Community College
(913) 735-4048