Q&A Minutes 9-15-10

1 view

SkippyJ.

Sep 16, 2010, 11:18:29 PM9/16/10
to JCCC Queers and Allies
I'd like to shout out a hello to everyone out there listening and
congratulate the group on another successful meeting. I was actually
surprised and happy to see that this week's meeting had an attendance
of 24 students. While many of you may think nothing of this, since our
last was 26 students, I find it to be a good sign. For many semesters
that I've observed this group I've seen a large Campus Kick-Off
attendance followed but a steep drop in club members. To actually be
keeping those who we've recruited is fantastic.

Wednesday was also our first meeting that we had an actual ice
breaker. That's right folks, "Gay Time" will now be followed by "Play
Time" each week. *Hehe* Yes...*cough*...erm...on a more serious note,
friendly game/activity ideas for ice breakers are always appreciated
by members who'd like to contribute.

There was a little talk at the meeting about a previous member and
officer of Q&A named Brian Long. Brian is now part of KU's Queers &
Allies group and willing to be our inside man for possibly setting up
a JCCC/KU activity or event. The general consensus was yes, we'd like
to do something. Be sure to keep an eye on the groups for any events
that may arise in the future.

The group also had a short discussion about our group mission
statement and whether or not as a group we'd like to edit, change or
keep it as is. This is our current mission statement on the JCCC
website;

Queers and Allies
Queers and Allies is a place where those across the spectrum of gender
identity and sexual orientation can come together for socializing,
understanding and support. It is a place where we can use our numbers
to show the school and the world who we are and how we live. Q&A
invites and encourages everyone to join. All students, faculty and
staff are welcome.
Advisor: Paul Decelles, ext. 3395
Advisor: Christine Buta, ext. 5278

Finally there is the potluck dinner, which is what we spent most of
our time discussing. As a group we've decided to hold the potluck
dinner at one of our member's house (sorry, I forgot your name >_<) on
September 26th (That is a Sunday) at 7:30 pm. We have already started
assigning dishes to members of the group and are happy to have more.
Be sure to get in contact with one of the advisers if you would like
to attend so we can take down what you'll be bringing and so we can
give you the necessary directions. Atm we are also allowing members to
bring one guest, there may be more discussion on that later.

That concludes the minutes, sorry for the lateish posting time due
to...well...ya know life. Take care all! =D

Steven Collins

Sep 17, 2010, 9:59:31 AM9/17/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
Hello my name is Steven collins and Yes I will like to go to potluck dinner on Sept 26th Please send me the information....

 Thank you,
Steven Collins

Steven Collins

Robosonic

Sep 17, 2010, 11:41:18 AM9/17/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
I'm Fiona Kerr and I'm planning to go to the Potluck :) I'm bringing
cookies! I'm already down on the list so I don't know if I need to do
anything else.

Steven Collins

Sep 20, 2010, 5:01:07 PM9/20/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
I need the address so I can go to potluck dinner
--
Steven Collins

Delaney Herman

Sep 22, 2010, 3:58:55 PM9/22/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
I'm Delaney Herman and I would love more information on the potluck (location, time).
Thanks!

-Delaney

Robosonic

Sep 23, 2010, 6:53:53 AM9/23/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I forgot to ask this at the meeting yesterday, but where would I get official pamphlets for LGBTQ related events? I’m helping organize a GSA club at my school and we need one or two for a poster.

Thanks!

Fiona

SkippyJ.

Sep 23, 2010, 12:02:21 PM9/23/10
to JCCC Queers and Allies
PM's should be sent.

Robosonic

Sep 23, 2010, 3:36:22 PM9/23/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
I don't quite understand what you mean? Sorry, I have trouble understanding
instructions. Send PMs to the organizers? To someone in this group?

Fiona