Q&A Minutes 10-06-10

Brad Johnson

Oct 8, 2010, 3:00:43 PM10/8/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com

Wooo! I’m 21! Yup, your humble secretary is now legal to drink…oh yeah the meeting was good too…The attendance this week went back up into the 20’s. While it’s not as high as our original numbers it is still in the 20’s which I consider good enough. This week’s meeting was a strange mix of happy and sad that I know most of you who attended realized was important for the group.

So, let us start with the happy. Our ice breaker was actually more informative rather than involving. It all started when CJ blew up one condom and Jerome popped his maxim, which CJ had to replace with soon after.  With one giant condom he placed baby oil on and the other a packets worth of lube. Within what seemed like less than 10 seconds the oil condom exploded….and then a little after that the other one exploded because Jerome decided to cover it in baby oil to. The resulting explosion sent lube flying all over CJ’s pants…ewwww =P Apparently the lesson of the day was that baby oil eats through condoms…so don’t be stupid and instead use proper lube people. The other lesson of the day was that morning breath mouths are safer to give BJ’s with than freshly cleaned ones. Gross isn’t it? XD Just be sure to wash when you’re done people.

A brief announcement was made after the icebreaker on Wednesday addressing verbal conduct. While we are all adults and can let a bit of language fly, as a group we’d like to attempt to minimize it. The occasional slip up is understandable but the message is mostly to encourage people to try.

Ah yes, a general announcement was also made that all general club related material will now be hosted on Facebook rather than Google groups. Signups will be placed in the discussions portion of the page. There are currently a  number of new Speak Out Panel slots open for next week that could use a few more people as well as a who bunch of things for the 20th.

October 20th was a date that kept coming up in this week’s meeting. Firstly we are planning on having our first table set up on the 20th which may or may not have a cash box. Volunteers to work at the table are welcomed. The hours are 11-1:30.  A KCAVP representative/speaker will also be arriving on the 20th to talk about healthy relationships and other goodies :P  It will be an interesting day for them to show up because the 20th will also be the day we will be taking a photo of people in purple for a contest that may land our club as much as 3,000 dollars in funding! WOO!

I’m going to make it a whole separate point that the purple event is based around a series of melancholy events. Over the past few weeks there have been a disturbing amount of young suicides related to gay bullying. In fact, one of our fellow members came forth during our latest meeting, admitting to having been a victim to such bullying to the point of having to seek professional help. This is a real problem that I personally feel isn’t noticed as much as it should be. I’m glad the hurt individual trusted us with such information and enlightened us of the troubles many LGBT people around you and I can face. The October 20th purple event only requires you to wear purple somewhere on your body in memory of those who have taken their lives because of gay bullying. Our table will be advertising/encouraging people to join our group photo that day in an attempt to have the most people wearing purple in a group photo. This photo will be submitted to what I believe was the KC Men’s Gay Choir (don’t quote me on that) for a chance to win that $3,000 mentioned earlier.

Here is an example that I just randomly searched for to give you all an idea of what is going on.

http://www.kmbc.com/politics/25305411/detail.html

Ok sad faces off =P we had a group  hug for that. The last two things I’d like to mention are on the 21st and 29th. On the 21st there will be a movie night event presenting a film “The Sound of Music”.

BELLO! PLEASE INSERT DETAILS OF THIS EVENT OR YOUR CONTACT INFO FOR OTHER PEOPLE  =P

Let us hope he gets back to us :P

There will also be a Halloween Dance on the 29th which we are thinking of hosting a table at. We’ll see where it goes and I’ll throw out times if any of you would like to attend or help out.

Alrighty then…that’s the end of this sad crazy train. Sorry, I’ve got not snappy line to go out on =P

Robosonic

Oct 14, 2010, 2:20:46 PM10/14/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

This is a little (ok, a lot) early, but I’m thinking I’d really like to go to a gay club for my 18th birthday, woohoo! I was wondering which clubs that allow 18 year olds would, from your experiences, be the safest? My parents naturally want to make sure I am safe =).

Preferably a club with some lesbians. Anyone is welcome to come, I don’t have an exact date set but my birthday is February 28th, so any Friday or Saturday night around then works for me.

Fiona

Joey Enderle

Oct 14, 2010, 5:14:09 PM10/14/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
um if u didnt know u can only go to one gay club its called chateau and its only gay on wednesday nights in lawrance. thats the only gay club in the area for 18 and up...now if u go to st.louis u can get into any gay club...its just kc area does not like young adults to hangout and have fun.

Oct 15, 2010, 8:54:37 AM10/15/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com

Ok, Chateau it is. That would be Wednesday March 2nd then, will double check with my parents but that date should be free. Passages is still running, I go there a few times a month, but it’s usually not very busy (last time I went there were almost no girls there, I felt so outnumbered, lol).