Q&A Minutes 11-3-10

1 view

Brad Johnson

Nov 5, 2010, 2:11:57 AM11/5/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
Do do dee do da! Yup, it’s me again! I’d like to start off by saying that we’ve gotten back up there in the high 20’s with our attendance, wewt! There were many things to talk about today and it was driving CJ a little nuts because he was running low on sleep or something.  We started off this week with a simple names and an interesting thing we all did since the last meeting. Some of the stories were more amusing than others but one such announcement deserves a little attention. Jerome, our lovable (black =P) friend has come out to the rest of us (under some long though suspicion by senior members ^_~) that he is bi. I’d like to say congrats and have everyone keep their hearts open and wish him best of luck with friends and family.

Alright, first thing I’d like to throw out there is that as mentioned last week, our Hamburger Mary’s fundraiser is set in stone to happen the 29th of December. We currently have a number of donated prizes and are willing to accept more. The more valuable the prizes the more likely people are willing to spend big bucks to win them. Our humble president, CJ, has also written up some letters that have been used to request donations to certain businesses for our group. If there are any places that you know of that may be willing to donate to our group, send word to CJ and he’ll hook you up with a letter.

A few other smaller topics were thrown in such as the idea of a possible winter/holiday/something get together being thrown together. It sounds at the moment like everyone is supportive of the idea and it will develop over time. We are thinking of holding the even on the 5th of December. CJ brought up this week an interesting little bit of info. From what I gathered he and….people *shrugs* =P brought to the higher ups of JCCC a presentation more or less in favor of granting equal rights among transgendered employees. Do realize that LGB members are included already, transgender members are not. At this time they higher ups are….thinking….but we are all hopeful.

Ah yes, UCM (University of Central Missouri) is planning an event this upcoming Wednesday from 10 to 2 pm in response to some vandalism done to a float for an event that by school standards is equivalent of bullying. Sadly little was done by anyone in the authority to do a whole lot so they are looking for support of surrounding LGBT organizations/clubs in halting such bully-like actions. Anyone who would like to go is free to start or look for a discussion about traveling together out to wherever in Missouri it is =P The plan that was discussed in the meeting was to get there around 10 or so and leave a little after noon to get  back to JCCC for the meeting.

The documentary “Bully” has now become available to the school (mostly for us) and will be playing instead of the meeting this Wednesday. There will be showings (if I heard right) at 10, 12, 2, 4 and 7 pm in the Craig Auditorium. So…be there or be squ-ga-bi-tran-les-…..just go…you too allies! X3

Ok! Two more things….cause I’m getting’ bored here =P We had ourselves a quick little election today for a new Treasure. Skipping all whatever details, the resulting winner was Jerome by one vote. Yaaaaay…heh..

Lastly, after everything, we had a few gentlemen who had been sitting patiently in our meeting who helped those who wanted to participate in a “It gets better” video. If you don’t know what these videos are, just search “It gets better” on youtube. There are many out there that tell the many bullied LGBT students that school years aren’t the only years and there is life yet to live.

Oooooook…I think I’m done now, g’night everyone.

Mrs. B

Nov 5, 2010, 9:45:42 AM11/5/10
to JCCC Queers and Allies
Brad! I LOVE reading your minutes!
> video.If you don’t know what these videos are, just search “It gets better” on

Brad Johnson

Nov 5, 2010, 12:42:47 PM11/5/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
X3

=D

From: Mrs. B <cbu...@gmail.com>

Brad Johnson

Nov 18, 2010, 12:27:11 PM11/18/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com

Hello all and welcome back to the minutes. For any of you who hadn’t realized, our last Wednesday Q&A meeting was replaced by a showing of the documentary “Bully”. I hope you were able to see it and were moved in some fashion as I was.  Oh well, putting all that aside I shall get on with this week’s sweet and simple minute break down.Alrighty, since all ya fools can’t make the meeting you missed out on grabbing a little dead tree in the shape of a small rectangle. This dead little tree now cries because it died for you and didn’t even get read….a shame….So yeah, it was just a list of the topics.

The first item on it was a little bit of information about where we are on the Hamburger  Mary’s prize collection. Currently we have 10 items from LUSH, Two $5 gift cards from Prospero’s on 39th, a $10 gift card from Arizona Trading Company, a basket from White Light on 39th, and a hand tie rainbow blanket. We’re still looking for more donations ^_^

Transgender Day of Remembrance was next on the list. We have a couple members in our group who fall into this category and it is our opportunity to help support them =D From what I gathered there is a UMKC event that was stressed in particular.

http://studo.umkc.edu/qa/

If anyone else has an places that will be hosting an event I implore you to share.

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNY WAAAAR! *clashes swords*

*copy paste* We are at war! We need to collect more pennies than other clubs and organizations on capus so that we can win the group some free pizza! The best part? Student senate president, Corey Paris, will deliver the pizza in a delivery boy outfit!!! So, collect all those pennies lying around, bring them to COM 309 and put them in the Queers and Allies bag! So yeah, bring your pennies to the CSI, drop em in our bag. The contest ends Tuesday at 5pm (if I heard right). So, if you’d like to contribute bring your unused pennies to the CSI and toss them into the bag or leave whatever money you’d like to contribute in the Q&A storage compartment in the CSI, we will convert your donation to pennies for you =D

*REMEMBER! Anything other than pennies counts as negative points. You CAN sabotage other clubs bags with negative points.The rest of the meeting time was spent dealing with issues that many of you know about. If you don’t know what I mean then please discuss privately with a member…

Alrighty! That’s all folks….shoo….scat! I’m done! *flees*