Q&A Minutes 9-13-10

1 view

Brad Johnson

Oct 16, 2010, 5:41:10 PM10/16/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
Hello there everyone, thanks for putting up my late posting of the minutes. I typically write them on Thursday or Friday and well...Jackass was out and I go distracted =D Again we had a nice meeting, this one with a tad bit more happy faces than last weeks. I'm happy to say we're still grabbing new members here and there, a few showed up this past Wednesday with positive attitudes and are willing to help with our group. That said...Yup, you guessed it, our ice breaker was introductions =P

Alright, you all should remember a little about the purple event/contest mentioned in last weeks minutes. Currently we are selling purple wrist bands with anti-bullying phrases for $0.50 in an attempt to both raise money for our group and spread awareness. I was impressed to find that we had made $51 before we had even had our meeting Wednesday. We will continue selling these bands at tables on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (hopefully) this upcoming week. The table on Wednesday the 20th we will be spreading awareness for those who would like to be part of the group photo that will be entered the contest that could win us $3,000.

There was some talk Wednesday that we may soon be receiving some gift cards courtesy of Target for candy and whatever else...yaaay for us...that we could use for whatever. Hopefully we'll get them soon and before halloween because I sure could use some candy to stealz =3

October 27th KU will be hosting a fundraiser at Hamburger Mary's. It is the groups decision that we should have as many people attend as we can to help building our image to the community. Also....its Bing =P Just have a few drinks and some fun. See ya there ^__^

There was also a quick shout out to those working on the panels, be sure to appear 5 min. early. Yup...that is pretty much it lol.

As mentioned last week, we are still on for the Halloween party table on the 29th. We may have a sign up on Facebook sometime soon so keep an eye out.

Do de do do da...yup...that's pretty much everything in a nutshell. Keep up the good work everyone and I'll see ya next week...maybe..

Bobbi Jo Six

Oct 16, 2010, 9:02:15 PM10/16/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
Brad,
I am Bobbi Six.  I am a DJ on Ecavradio.com JCCC student run radio station.  I would like to do an interview on my show or on another DJ if needed to bring awareness to the crimes of bulling and how it effects the gay community in particular and in what ways the rest of the world could be taught tolerance. Could you please get me in contact of someone who would be willing to help me out.

Bobbi Six

CJ

Oct 17, 2010, 5:39:59 PM10/17/10
to JCCC Queers and Allies
Bobbi,

I am current student president of Queers & Allies and I'm sure our
group would be interested in doing a radio interview! My email address
is Cedw...@jccc.edu, so feel free to email me with specifics and what
you are looking for.

Thanks so much for your attention to this serious subject!

-CJ Edwards

Brian Long

Oct 18, 2010, 10:31:22 AM10/18/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
Here is more information about the bingo night that C.J. mentioned in the meeting.

KU Delta Lambda Phi Bingo Night!

The Delta Lambda Phi Colony at KU is hosting it's first Ham-Bingo Charity Night at Hamburger Mary's in KC!  Come join the KU Boys of Delta Lambda Phi for a night of food, fun, and BINGO! There'll be fun prizes, entertainment, and an overall Great time!

Wednesday, October 27 · 8:00pm - 10:00pm

Hamburger Mary's KC
101 Southwest Blvd
Kansas City, MO

Brian Long