Q&A Minutes 1-26

1 view

Brad Johnson

Jan 28, 2011, 4:15:35 PM1/28/11
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com

Woooo! Welcome back you rainbow drops and…uh…regular drops…oh well love you all the same ^_~ So here we are once more at the start of a new semester with many new faces. I’m happy to report we once again started strong with a staggering 28 members. For all of you unable to make it to the meeting this semester I hope you keep up to date and will be able to attend a few of our panels or events (we’ll miss you otherwise).

So our agenda was rather lengthy Wednesday yet somehow full of a lot of info that put me to sleep…er…I mean….meh, here I’ll just post what I find interesting =P

So last year on the 29th of December we ran our Hamburger Mary’s fundraiser event and managed to raise $300 dollars after fees. It may not seem like a ton but that right there is more than we’ve raised the previous two semesters combined >_<  Soooo, this past semester was a good one financially =3

Speak out panels, gotta love ‘em, yes? Well it turns out we’re jumping right into them this year. Friday, Februrary 11th from 2-4 pm in the Writing Center we will be hosting our first one of the year. Check out Facebook (assuming its updated) for the sign up page.

Another little event that you all should look into is the “Another American: Asking and Telling” event at the Kansas City repertory Theater. There should be some info on Facebook.

Finally (to keep it simple) we need all of you to keep attending as much as possible because we plan to host elections for the new officers within the next week or two. *yaaaawn* Well I’m tired of writing and its Friday so I’mma go parteh =D See you all next week n’ hope your spirits are up and ready for a fun semester.