Peace Crawl

Robosonic

Oct 7, 2010, 3:24:33 PM10/7/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com

I don’t know if any of you have heard about this? I got it through a homeschooling e-mail group. I thought The Art of Overcoming Oppression sounded interesting and helpful.

Fiona

Join us for a

Peace Crawl

October 16, Saturday

Choose from Six Workshop at Three Venues

Arts Incubator: 113 W. 18 St., KCMO

2:25pm

African American Art and Social Change - Ron Chaney, former

Ethnic Art Gallery owner, will discuss the importance of African American art for society.

3:25pm

The ‘Art’ of Overcoming Oppression – Jessica Farmer, KC Anti-

Violence Project outreach educator, & KC Love youth, will guide participants in art

activities and a discussion of internal and systemic oppression and ways individuals can

overcome them.

Crossroad’s Coffee House: 310 Southwest Blvd, KCMO

2:25pm

Speaking Peace – Sharon Hannah, mediator and peace educator, will present a

“taste” of bestselling author, Dr. Marshall Rosenberg’s principle of “nonviolent

communication”

3:25pm

Peace Building in Church and Community- Prof. Dick Olson,

Central Baptist Seminary, will lead an exploration of how everyday conflicts can be

transformed and transformative – information, stories, discussion, and, maybe, a role play

Mildred’s Coffee House: 1821 Wyandotte Street, KCMO

2:25pm

What is a Humane Society? – Ron Faust, peace activist and Mary

Vincent volunteer and activist on poverty, hunger and peace will discuss poverty,

society’s priorities and how we can uplift the human condition.

3:25pm

Peacemaking in a Time of War-Ira Harritt, American Friends Service

Committee KC program coordinator, will discuss times visions of a just future helped

transform injustice to justice and how our vision and action can help today.

4:30pm

Peace Networking / Social Hour – join with others interested in peace

and justice and share ideas, stories and some coffee or other refreshment.

RSVP to reserve your space is encouraged: 816 931-5256 or afs...@afsc.org note workshops you wish to attend.

This event is being held in conjunction with the October 1 Visions of Peace at the Crossroads

For information or to find out how you can get involved contact the American Friends Service

Committee, 816 931-5256, afs...@afsc.org or http://afsc.org/office/kansas-city-mo

--
Visit our calendar at http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=p9bvqdqnpt53k8d7t52v945b2s%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago
image001.gif

jess...@aol.com

Oct 7, 2010, 6:51:52 PM10/7/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the interest in jared coones but unfortuntally we jumped
on the band wagon to late. here is the email i recieved:
Hi Jessica, we are doing really good on volunteers, but if you want to
come out and cheer on the runners along the course you can do that. If
not, we would love to extend our family rate to you all $17/per person
to come and walk or run the race. Thanks!

Carol
913 909-3406

sorry guys! feel free to walk though

I don’t know if any of you haveheard about this? I got it through a
homeschooling e-mail group. I thought TheArt of Overcoming Oppression

sounded interesting and helpful. Fiona

 Join us for aPeaceCrawlOctober 16, Saturday Choose from Six Workshop

at Three Venues Arts Incubator: 113 W. 18 St.,KCMO1:30 to2:25pmAfrican
American Art and Social Change - Ron Chaney, formerEthnic Art

Galleryowner, will discuss the importance of African American art for
society.2:30 to3:25pmThe ‘Art’ of Overcoming Oppression –Jessica
Farmer, KC Anti-ViolenceProject outreach educator, & KC Love youth,
will guide participants in artactivitiesand a discussion of internal

and systemic oppression and ways individuals

canovercomethem.Crossroad’s Coffee House: 310 Southwest Blvd, KCMO1:30
to2:25pmSpeaking Peace –Sharon Hannah, mediator and peace educator,

will present a“taste”of bestselling author, Dr. Marshall Rosenberg’s
principle of“nonviolentcommunication”2:30 to3:25pmPeace Building in

Church and Community-Prof. Dick Olson,CentralBaptist Seminary, will

lead an exploration of how everyday conflicts can betransformedand
transformative – information, stories, discussion, and, maybe, a

roleplayMildred’s Coffee House: 1821 Wyandotte Street, KCMO1:30
to2:25pmWhat is a Humane Society? –Ron Faust, peace activist and
MaryVincentvolunteer and activist on poverty, hunger and peace will
discuss poverty,society’spriorities and how we can uplift the human

condition.2:30 to3:25pmPeacemaking in a Time of War-IraHarritt,

American Friends ServiceCommitteeKC program coordinator, will discuss
times visions of a just future helpedtransforminjustice to justice and
how our vision and action can help today.3:30 to4:30pmPeace Networking
/ Social Hour –join with others interested in peaceandjustice and share
ideas, stories and some coffee or other refreshment.RSVPto reserve your

space is encouraged: 816 931-5256 or afs...@afsc.org noteworkshops you

wish to attend.This event is being held in conjunction with the October
1Visions of Peace at the CrossroadsFor information or to find out how

you can get involvedcontact the American Friends ServiceCommittee,816
931-5256, afs...@afsc.org or http://afsc.org/office/kansas-city-mo

Groups &quot;LEARN Teens" group.

LEARN-Teens...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at