Q&A Minutes 9-29-10

Brad Johnson

Oct 1, 2010, 3:01:57 PM10/1/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com

Hey everyone! Another week has slipped on by with another meeting chop full of news. Though we had a sudden drop in population (18 students) we still got things done as always. In all honesty if there was a week to miss, Wednesday would have been it because of the general mood (problems, lack of sleep and whatever catching up on us); but I'm sure when we switch out our batteries with longer lasting lithium energizer batteries we'll be back on a happy track next week. =D

I know this isn't really news or anything but FINALLY we didn't have to introduce ourselves and explain everything we do. Woot woot on population cap....for now..

Ice breaker was simple thing I came up with. I killed a gay n' grounded 'em up into fairy dust and gave it to the group and we all got one wish. Mmm...free wish...

Following the out little ice breaker was an interesting article about a decorated flight nurse, Margaret Witt, who was discharged for being a lesbian was ruled unconstitutional. The judge could see no reason why her sexuality had any effect on wounded servicemen and women's treatment or her ability to perform. There is much more about this article and the details can be found here http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7217337.html

Wooo! Gays on plane!

Once again we briefly went over a few fundraiser ideas that all apparently involve handing out condoms in one way or another with part of the funds being donations. As always we need volunteers to do anything in this group and we need people to attend to volunteer (at least for the moment) So hurry up and get back here skippers! <3

Another little event that popped up was the Jared Coones 12th Annual 5K Pumpkin Run/Walk. Our own agenda and fundraisers are important but the group and myself also believe that it is equally important to be involved in other groups and charities. This would be a great thing to put down as  something our group was part of and support. The event takes place on Oct. 9th sometime early in the morning. For more details please visit their website.

http://www.pumpkinrunwalk.org/

We also had a surprise visit from our shirtless car dancer Mike! *applauds* Apparently there is an STD clinic in Overland Park that apparently nobody knew existed =P They are hosting a little event Oct. 2nd. There are possible gifts and food for those who want to participate in their little study. For more info contact me or one of the advisors. (I assume they also got a copy of the fliers)

Uhm...yeah...derpa derpa derp...all you skippers better show next time. Bye Y'All! =D

William Stockton

Oct 1, 2010, 4:27:18 PM10/1/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com

These are the best messages I ever get.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

Miguel Morales

Oct 1, 2010, 4:37:21 PM10/1/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
Did you guys discuss at all the Creating Change conference workshop proposal? or going to the conference?

---
Miguel M. Morales
Diversity Fellow, Johnson County Community College
(913) 735-4048
http://MiguelMorales.net

"In your temporary failure there is no evidence that you may not yet be a better scholar, and a more successful man in the great struggle of life, than many others, who have entered college more easily." - Abraham Lincoln, 1860

Ross

Oct 2, 2010, 12:05:29 PM10/2/10
to JCCC Queers and Allies
hey not my fault I had strep hopefully I'll see U all next week