Events in Communitee

Adamsl...@aol.com

Sep 24, 2010, 8:25:02 PM9/24/10
to jccc-queers...@googlegroups.com
I think we should think of other people.  Not just ourselves or other GLBT groups.  I believe that a good way to let people know that we are on campus, raise awareness, and as an extra perk get more members is do charity work.  Below you will find Web instructions on how to access the Muscular Dystrophy Association web site & the things that I believe are the most beneficial to look at and 2 major fundraisers we can take part in

                                                                                                                   Adam Zack
MDA Web site Instructions

1.  Go to www.mdausa.org
2.  Click on MDA Home (The MDA Telethon may me approaching or has just finished so the internet might put you right into the MDA telethon page which is not where you want to be)
3.  Go to the families tab
4.  On the drop down menu click Publications
Here's what I want you to look at

Quest Magazine  Most recent issue

MDA/ALS Newsmagazine Most recent issue

Facts about booklets  What ever ones your interested in

Publications about MDA Programs  MDA Services, MDA Fact Sheet, & Recent Research Updates

Publications  about Daily Living with Neuromuscular Diseases  What ever ones your interested in

Fundraisers

MDA Strike Force/Bowling Against Dystrophy

BOWL OVER THE COMPETITION
The pride and teamwork arising from an MDA bowling event will carry over into your school.  an MDA bowling event  draws club members, fellow student, family members, friends, & others in a friendly competition.  Make it a club event or challenge other clubs.  You'll be striking a blow against neuromuscular diseases.

Event Description

A Sign-Up sheet will be sent around at a club meeting to put together a planning committee.  This committee will pick a date location, time, etc.  After the planning stage ends, we will put together our club team.  We can have more then 1 if interest is high.

All club members will ask fellow student, family members, friends, & others if they want to participate in this event as a Lane Captain.  All the people who wish to be Lane Captains will receive a Registration Form.  which they must complete and turn into our group mailbox with the entrance fee for their team by the due date to receive their Lane Captain Control Packets which will include a donation form and donation envelope for each bowler on their team.

All bowlers will then collect flat donations from family, friends, co-workers, ect The bowlers will turn in their donation  form and  envelope to their Lane Captain at the event which we will collect flowing the event

Shamrocks Against Dystrophy

EXPERIENCE THE LUCK OF THE IRISH

Businesses & Schools across the country have found MDA Shamrocks Against Dystrophy mobile program an outstanding spring promotion.  It's festive and interactive.  Students, Staff, & Faculty enjoy taking part.

MDA provides impeccable support, including great materials, creative ideas, & team building techniques and have businesses & Schools coming back year after year.

"Every shamrock sold helps bring MDA one step closer to developing more treatments, and soon cures."

Event Description

This event runs 4 weeks ending the first weekday before spring break.  The group will reserve a table through the Student Life office.  The table hours will be Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. We will put together who will run the table at our Q & A meetings the week prior.  The person running the table will try to sell 1 or more of these items

Candy $0.10 a piece or 10 free pieces with purchases of green shamrock
Green Shamrock $1.00
Gold Shamrock $5.00
$1.50 Shamrock Pin
$2.20 Green Pearl Necklace

In week 3 we add green carnations for $1.00 or 3 for $2.50

Note:  All group members are strongly encouraged to buy a least a green shamrock

   .