jbrout tags in nextcloud

Franz

Aug 29, 2017, 3:41:44 AM8/29/17
to jBrout
Hi,

I use Nextcloud to share photos with family and friends. It's on a VPS, installed thanks to Yunohost (12.0.1 version).

I would love to see my tags from jbrout but it seems Nextcloud does not import them. There is an app called "Metadata" but itdoes not look for xmp tags.

Anyone using Nextcloud to help me on this?

Have a nice day, jBrout community ;)

François

Franz

Sep 3, 2017, 3:28:35 AM9/3/17
to jBrout
Hi,

Can someone tell me how the tags are stored in the jpegs with jBrout?

There is a Nextcloud app, called Metadata, that is able to read those infos : EXIF, XMP-dc, XMP-mwg-rs.

When I import my pics with Metadata, I don't see the jBrout tags.

Any idea?

Francois Chartier

Sep 3, 2017, 6:43:34 AM9/3/17
to jbr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If I remember correctly, jbrout uses IPTC but also synchronizes in XMP.

Best regards
Francois

Matěj Cepl

Sep 3, 2017, 12:00:36 PM9/3/17
to jbr...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-09-03, 07:28 GMT, Franz wrote:
> Can someone tell me how the tags are stored in the jpegs with
> jBrout?

jBrout uses PyExiv2 http://tilloy.net/dev/pyexiv2/ and it writes
with it EXIF/IPTC and XMP data. It supports (and uses) exiv2
library (http://www.exiv2.org/) for doing actual work.

When using `exiv2 -PEIXkhvt filename.jpg` you can get dump of
all metadata.

> There is a Nextcloud app, called Metadata
><https://github.com/gino0631/nextcloud-metadata/blob/master/README.md>,
> that is able to read those infos : EXIF, XMP-dc, XMP-mwg-rs.
>
> When I import my pics with Metadata, I don't see the jBrout tags.
>
> Any idea?

Check with the above exiv2 command to see whether the data are
there. Not sure whether NextCloud (as many other clouds) per
default filters out all metadata (for privacy reason). Shouldn’t
you switch it on somewhere?

Best,

Matěj
--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5 BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Two things fill the heart with renewed and increasing awe and
reverence the more often and the more steadily that they are
meditated on: the starry skies above me and the moral law inside
me.
-- Immanuel Kant: Critique of Practical Reason