Rotation pb with Ubuntu 15.04

Francois Chartier

Jun 9, 2015, 7:25:35 AM6/9/15
to jbr...@googlegroups.com

Hello, I just encountered some pb trying to rotate some pictures (git version of jbrout and up to date Ubuntu 15.04). Nothing happens, an empty temporary file is created, and an exiftran segfault on libjpeg in system logs..  I haven't tried yet on another machine but... Anyone else ?

Francois

Matěj Cepl

Jun 9, 2015, 8:56:57 AM6/9/15
to jbr...@googlegroups.com
Obvious question: what happens if you run?

$ exiftran -9 filename.jpg

on that particular file. jbrout cannot fix crash in exiftran (of
course, fix for https://gitlab.com/jbrout/jbrout/issues/55 would
be other solution, but a bit more complicated).

Best,

Matěj

At the day of judgement it shall not be asked of us what we have
read, but what we have done: nor how well we have said, but how
religiously we have lived.
-- Thomas á Kempis
The Imitation of Christ, III.

Francois Chartier

Jun 9, 2015, 3:00:34 PM6/9/15
to jbr...@googlegroups.com
yup, obvious question, but better to ask it nonetheless:

~/tmp/test_exiftran$ exiftran -9 P1260339.JPG -o P1260339.JPG.out
Wrong JPEG library version: library is 80, caller expects 62
Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

I guess jbrout has nothing to do with it then... (and I tried on another machine, i386 instead of amd64, same results... seems there is an incompatibility betweeen exiftran and libjpeg in this version of ubuntu).

Thanks Matěj
Francois

Francois Chartier

Jun 9, 2015, 3:19:40 PM6/9/15
to jbr...@googlegroups.com
So... no rotation for those under ubuntu 15.04 until it's corrected (or one rebuilds exiftran) or someone solves issue 55

Matěj Cepl

Jun 10, 2015, 5:42:00 AM6/10/15
to jbr...@googlegroups.com
On 2015-06-09, 19:19 GMT, Francois Chartier wrote:
> rebuilds exiftran) or someone solves issue 55

That solving issue 55 was a bit of understatement.

Best,

Matěj

The main idea of the pope's asking for forgiveness was not to be
afraid of the truth. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF TRUTH! We have to have
faith in the God's governing power to be able not to be afraid.
-- On NPR The Connection from March 13, 2000

Francois Chartier

Jun 10, 2015, 10:40:22 AM6/10/15
to jbr...@googlegroups.com

Yes, I remarked that it was an understatement... I'll probably just rebuild exiftran if no new package is pushed soon.

Thanks again
Francois