Jbrout not showing on Ubuntu 16.04 (jbrout src)

Franz

Aug 13, 2017, 1:42:39 PM8/13/17
to jBrout
Hi,

Still someone out there?

I can't use jbrout anymore : when I launch it it shows the jbourt menu above, but I can't see the photos, the jbrout interface anymore. I see no lock file in the /home/.local/share/jbrout folder.

What can I do to launch my favorite picture program again :) ?

Tonus

Aug 13, 2017, 1:52:51 PM8/13/17
to jbr...@googlegroups.com, jBrout
Did you tried to launch it from CLI? Could show useful information...

Franz

Aug 13, 2017, 1:57:26 PM8/13/17
to jBrout
Hi Tonus,

Sorry how do I do that?

Tonus

Aug 13, 2017, 2:02:24 PM8/13/17
to jBrout, jBrout
On a terminal window, cd to the folder where jbrout is and type :
./jbrout

Franz

Aug 13, 2017, 2:15:51 PM8/13/17
to jBrout
I have a /home/fran/jbrout folder with 2 jbrout subfolders but the "./jbrout" does nots work.

Is it the install folder for git?

Matěj Cepl

Aug 13, 2017, 5:04:11 PM8/13/17
to jbr...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-08-13, 17:57 GMT, Franz wrote:
> Sorry how do I do that?

Run gnome-terminal (or konsole, if you are on KDE). You get
a command line. Then just type

jbrout

and press ENTER.

(to leave the terminal press Ctrl-D).

Best,

Matěj
--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5 BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

Every developer’s hunt for the best editor ends up with Vim,
Emacs or a management position.
-- Rolf Bjaanes

Francois Chartier

Aug 14, 2017, 2:58:28 AM8/14/17
to jbr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The folder you are looking for is the one containing "jbrout.py" file. Then maybe try ./jbrout.py, I generally include the extension.

Francois

Franz

Aug 14, 2017, 7:37:36 AM8/14/17
to jBrout
Thanks everybody.

The command "./jbrout.py" worked in the folder /home/fran/jbrout/jbrout

But the result is the same : jbrout launches but I don't see the interface, only the menu above. And nothing written in the terminal.

Le dimanche 13 août 2017 20:02:24 UTC+2, Tonus a écrit :
On a terminal window, cd to the folder where jbrout is and type :
./jbrout
Le 13 août 2017, à 19:57, Franz <frh...@gmail.com> a écrit:
Hi Tonus,

Sorry how do I do that?

Le 13 août 2017, à 19:42, Franz <frh...@gmail.com> a écrit:
Hi,

Still someone out there?

I can't use jbrout anymore : when I launch it it shows the jbourt menu above, but I can't see the photos, the jbrout interface anymore. I see no lock file in the /home/.local/share/jbrout folder.

What can I do to launch my favorite picture program again :) ?

Franz

Aug 15, 2017, 7:23:40 AM8/15/17
to jBrout
Problem solved!

It was a problem of display  : I had previously plugged a TV on hdmi port and displayed Jbrout on the second screen.

Later on, with hdmi unpugged, Ubuntu (or Jbrout) acted as if the second screen was still plugged

I used a combination of Fn+F? to move the window on the laptop screen.

I did not try Fn+F8 but it also could have solved the problem, since Ubuntu (or jbrout) seemed to believe it was still on dual screen.

Matěj Cepl

Aug 16, 2017, 6:07:52 PM8/16/17
to jbr...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-08-15, 11:23 GMT, Franz wrote:
> It was a problem of display : I had previously plugged a TV
> on hdmi port and displayed Jbrout on the second screen.

Cool! Glad you've sorted it out.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Matěj
--
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/blog/, Jabber: mcepl<at>ceplovi.cz
GPG Finger: 3C76 A027 CA45 AD70 98B5 BC1D 7920 5802 880B C9D8

A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of
thinking.