Will there be new releases from JBPM?

Ruplesh Rajput

Nov 18, 2022, 1:40:34 AM11/18/22
to jBPM Setup
Hello All,

We know that in July this year IBM joined the KIE community and since then we have not seen any new releases from JBPM side. IBM is currently working on KOGITO and it is build on top of JBPM but we want to know that
  1. Will there be any new releases from JBPM side in the future or they have just stop the development?
  2. If there is no plan for new release versions from JBPM then what are our options after that (do we have to move from JPBM and upgrade to KOGITO or something else)?
Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Ruplesh Rajput

hotm...@gmail.com

Nov 24, 2022, 10:26:37 AM11/24/22
to jBPM Setup
Hey Ruplesh,
 I responded to your question on SO

But if you want to read it here too:
ad 1. the every 3 weeks frequency just stopped after 7.73.0.Final We see more future in Kogito so there is regular community releases.
ad 2. JBPM is in maintenance, but we haven't stopped any bug fixing and we plan to release it if there will be big fixes or demand for that.

Regards,

Daniel Stancu

May 23, 2023, 3:39:03 PM5/23/23
to jBPM Setup
What about drools 8?
jBPM depends on drools, are we stuck with drools 7?

Alex Porcelli

May 31, 2023, 8:50:46 AM5/31/23
to Daniel Stancu, jBPM Setup
The next jBPM release will also have a Drools v7 release.

For Drools 8 the efforts are around Kogito.