Input boxes in Forms and evaluation in gateways

Jose Franco

Sep 22, 2023, 8:24:11 AM9/22/23
to jBPM Setup

Good afternoon,

I recently started using jBPM Business Central to create small process diagrams.

I want to explore the capabilities of this system in the creation of small forms that are executed in each BPMN Task. In this sense, I am trying to understand if there is a mechanism that allows the user to insert a value into an input box on a form and that the value that is inserted can be evaluated in a gateway.

Let's say I have the following BPMN diagram:

Meanwhile, in the task called "InserValue", I have created the following form:

Essentially my problem is that I can't find in the options available in Business Central a way of creating a variable that is associated with the value that the user enters in that input box so that it can be used in the gateway:

For example, in the "Assignments" menu, in either Data Inputs or Data Outputs, there is no reference to the input box I created in the form:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find any reference to this in the available documentation.

Thank you for your attention

Juan Romo

Sep 22, 2023, 11:00:36 AM9/22/23
to Jose Franco, jBPM Setup
Jose,

I create some videos about that, you can access it here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBwOckzx4HKOYYcN7Oj4uyQ

Saludos/Regards,
Juan Romo
E-mail: juan...@dunathelia.com
Phone: 593-2-244-5144 Celular: 593-9-8-350-1858
Website:www.dunathelia.com

Jose Franco

Sep 25, 2023, 10:41:02 AM9/25/23
to jBPM Setup
Good afternoon,

I've been reviewing your videos and have made some changes to Business Central jBPM.

First of all, I created the variable "insertValue" of type Integer, as shown in the image below:

1.PNG

Then, in the BPMN Task called "InsertValue-Task", I added the following input and output variables, as shown in the image below:

2.PNG

Then in each of the gateway outputs, I inserted the following conditions:

3.PNG

4.PNG

Essentially, if the user enters a value greater than or equal to 2, it should go to the "Ok-Task" task, otherwise it should go to the "NotOk-task" task.

Finally, in each of the "Ok-Task" and "NotOk-Task" tasks, I again set the InsertValue variable as the input variable:

5.PNG

6.PNG

In the next step, I generated the forms according to your videos:

7.PNG

I compiled the work and deployed it.

All the tasks I created are associated with the user "Maciek". I then logged in with this user:

8.PNG

9.PNG

I clicked on the "Process Definitions" option and clicked on "Start" in order to start the process:

10.PNG

I entered the value "10" in the form presented to me:

11.PNG

12.PNG

Then in Task Inbox I see that there is a transition to the "InsertValue-Task" task:

13.PNG

14.PNG

15.PNG
16.PNG

When I run the process, I see that the "Ok-Task" and "NotOk-Task" tasks are executed simultaneously!

-Since I entered the value 10, shouldn't only the "Ok-Task" task be executed? It seems that the system is not making a decision about the value that has been entered.

What could be the root problem in this situation?

Thank you for your attention.

Juan Romo

Sep 25, 2023, 10:55:56 AM9/25/23
to Jose Franco, jBPM Setup
Jose,

When you create the condition, you have 2 types Inclusive (+) so you can make parallel processes or Exclusive (X) to workflows decisions like the one that you like to do, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7q112UWe9w&t=6s the video on minute 12:20.

Saludos/Regards,
Juan Romo
E-mail: juan...@dunathelia.com
Phone: 593-2-244-5144 Celular: 593-9-8-350-1858
Website:www.dunathelia.com

Jose Franco

Sep 26, 2023, 7:23:44 AM9/26/23
to jBPM Setup
Thank you very much for your attention.

I've managed to resolve the situation with your guidance