Transaction errors when creating processes concurrently

Jay Kat

Jan 18, 2020, 4:24:00 AM1/18/20
to jBPM Development
Hi,

I am using Postgres 9.6 as the backend database.

When I execute one thread to create 100 process instances, all of the process instances get created properly. When I increase number of concurrent threads (users), at that time, there is an error in the database and the transaction is rolled back and the processes are not getting created. All 100 process instances are not getting created.

Even with two users accessing the system simultaneously, and keeping only 30 process instances to be created there are 2-4 process instances not getting created.

I have uploaded the log file also.

The following are the properties set in the application.properties file

#data source configuration
spring.datasource.username=xxxxxx
spring.datasource.password=xxxxxx
spring.datasource.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/jbpmdb
spring.datasource.driver-class-name=org.postgresql.xa.PGXADataSource

#hibernate configuration
spring.jpa.properties.hibernate.dialect=org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
spring.jpa.properties.hibernate.show_sql=false
spring.jpa.properties.hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto=update
spring.jpa.hibernate.naming.physical-strategy=org.hibernate.boot.model.naming.PhysicalNamingStrategyStandardImpl
spring.jpa.properties.hibernate.jdbc.lob.non_contextual_creation=true

#transaction manager configuration
spring.jta.narayana.transaction-manager-id=1

Can some one tell me - how should I go about resolving this?

Regards,
Jay
myapp.log

Maciej Swiderski

Jan 19, 2020, 11:03:01 PM1/19/20
to Jay Kat, jBPM Development
What runtime strategy do you use?

Might be your db setup or transaction isolation level is too restrictive

Maciej

Wiadomość napisana przez Jay Kat <dkata...@gmail.com> w dniu 18.01.2020, o godz. 10:24:

<myapp.log>

Jay Kat

Jan 19, 2020, 11:14:33 PM1/19/20
to Maciej Swiderski, jBPM Development
Hello Maciej,

I am using per_process_instance strategy and I am using Postgres 9.6 default isolation level.
I have not changed any settings related to the database.

Regards,
Jay

Massimiliano Cavuoto

Jul 27, 2020, 5:37:36 AM7/27/20
to jBPM Development
Hi I am having the same problem, did you found a solution?

Ayman Shahrour

Jun 30, 2024, 6:15:07 AMJun 30
to jBPM Development
Hi,
I have the same problem, do you find any solution?