Configuration failed! Reason: Sorry, the OS is currently not supported

Amit Chandak

Sep 9, 2014, 3:31:32 AM9/9/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am trying to build JBLAS from source as mentioned in "BUILD_ATLAS" and INSTALL file.

After configuring "ATLAS" and "LAPACK-LITE", i am trying to configure "JBLAS" but getting this error:

checking for java, javac... ----------
1. ERROR in config/PrintProperty.java (at line 3)
        for (String arg: args) {
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Syntax error, 'for each' statements are only available if source level is 5.0
----------
1 problem (1 error)ok
determining operating system... Error: Could not find or load main class PrintProperty
ok
determining architecture... Error: Could not find or load main class PrintProperty
ok
determining architecture flavor... ok
looking for nm... ok
locating the Java Development Kit... ok (/apollo/env/eclipse-4.2/jdk1.7.0)
Setting up gcc and flags... *failed*

Configuration failed!

Reason: Sorry, the OS  is currently not supported

I am attaching the relevant config files
configure.log
configure.options

Amit Chandak

Sep 9, 2014, 4:53:41 AM9/9/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Sorry for the above post...I was able to resolve that error but now I am facing some other error :
Reason: Could not locate libraries for the following symbols: dsyev_, ATL_dgemm, dgemm_, daxpy_, cblas_daxpy, ATL_caxpy.
I think this is already discussed on forum so will try to go through them and resolve.

Thanks,
Amit.

Mikio Braun

Sep 11, 2014, 4:50:16 AM9/11/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amit,

these are all atlas specific libraries which the config couldn't find.
Have you added the atlas libs to your path?

Also, what OS are you on? SunOS?

-M

--
Mikio Braun - http://blog.mikiobraun.de, http://twitter.com/mikiobraun

Amit Chandak

Sep 15, 2014, 4:00:28 AM9/15/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mikio,
I was able to resolve that error, but now I an getting this error:
I have put the required ".so" files at the required paths but still same error.
Also when I try to run the sanity check code of your jar, get this error:

Running sanity benchmarks.

-- org.jblas INFO jblas version is 1.2.3
checking vector addition... ok
-- org.jblas CONFIG BLAS native library not found in path. Copying native library from the archive. Consider installing the library somewhere in the path (for Windows: PATH, for Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
-- org.jblas CONFIG ArchFlavor native library not found in path. Copying native library libjblas_arch_flavor from the archive. Consider installing the library somewhere in the path (for Windows: PATH, for Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH).
-- org.jblas CONFIG Loading libjblas_arch_flavor.so from /lib/static/Linux/amd64/, copying to libjblas_arch_flavor.so.
-- org.jblas ERROR Couldn't load copied link file: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/jblas4660346660549851573libjblas_arch_flavor.so: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

On Linux 64bit, you need additional support libraries.
You need to install libgfortran3.

For example for debian or Ubuntu, type "sudo apt-get install libgfortran3"

For more information, see https://github.com/mikiobraun/jblas/wiki/Missing-Libraries
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.jblas.NativeBlas.dgemm(CCIIID[DII[DIID[DII)V

Can you please tell me how to proceed. I tried giving the path of ".so" files extracting it from your jar but dosn't help.

Thanks,
amit.

Mikio Braun

Sep 15, 2014, 5:39:54 AM9/15/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
Have you installed libgfortran3? Something like "apt-get install
libgfortran3" should work.

Amit Chandak

Sep 15, 2014, 6:01:11 AM9/15/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
Yes I have, here is the required info:
(My machine is RHEL5)
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     20 Jun 17  2013 /usr/lib64/libgfortran.so.1 -> libgfortran.so.1.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 619320 May 10  2013 /usr/lib64/libgfortran.so.1.0.0

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH                                                                             ~
/home/jblas-matrixEvaluation/lib/static/Linux/amd64/sse3/:/apollo/package/local_1/Linux-2.6c2.5-x86_64/ATLAS/ATLAS-21.0-0/lib/:/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/:/usr/lib64/

Even then I got the error messages.

Mikio Braun

Sep 15, 2014, 6:30:58 AM9/15/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
I've tested jblas on CentOS 6.3. I think they are version compatible
with red hat. So maybe the 5 version doesn't yet support libgfortran.
You could try to recompile jblas.

Amit Chandak

Sep 15, 2014, 6:45:54 AM9/15/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
Will it not work withour re-compiling ? I thought if I have the required ".so" files , it should work.

Mikio Braun

Sep 15, 2014, 7:10:19 AM9/15/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
It seems you don't have the right version. If I read the filenames
correctly, you have libgfortran.so.1, but you'd need
libgfortran.so.3...

But libgfortran is just a small support library for the fortran part,
so recompiling should link against the right one without further code
changes.

Hm. I just wonder whether you'd have to recompile ATLAS and lapack as
well. That would be quite some work, unfortunately. Hm. Which version
of Red Hat do you have exactly? I could set up a VM with the matching
centos here and try this over the next few days when I have time.

-M

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Amit Chandak

Amit Chandak

Sep 15, 2014, 7:18:49 AM9/15/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Mikio. Here are the details :
cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.18-164.el5 (mock...@x86-003.build.bos.redhat.com) (gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)) #1 SMP Tue Aug 18 15:51:48 EDT 2009
Meanwhile I will try to compile jblas with ATLAS and see if that works.
Before compiling jblas, i first need to compile ATLAS and BLAS as mentioned on your blogs ? Right ?

Thanks,
amit,.

Mikio Braun

Sep 15, 2014, 7:22:17 AM9/15/14
to jblas...@googlegroups.com
Yes. First compile lapack-lite (using the version from the README, not
the newest one), then atlas, configuring it to point to the lapack
lib, then jblas.

-M

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Amit Chandak