webservice

akhiles...@umail.uom.ac.mu

Feb 24, 2014, 12:41:16 AM2/24/14
to jbiowh-...@googlegroups.com
can i know what the web service does and how to make it work. What to download? and what are the steps?
thank you

Roberto Vera Alvarez

Feb 25, 2014, 3:18:20 AM2/25/14
to jbiowh-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The JBioWH Webservices application is a java web based application which
provides webservices technology to grant access over http to the data included
into the JBioWH relational schema.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_service

The JBioWH webservices provides access over HTTP to the data. The data is
retrieved in XML or JSON formats. This kind of access can be useful in client
applications which needs the relational data available into the JBioWH
relational schema but, instead of uses the JBioWH API or direct access to the
MySQL database, they use an uniform and independent interface (the
webservices).

The JBioWH webservices are REST
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_state_transfer) based
webservices.

You can read how to install it in a Linux computer from:
http://code.google.com/p/jbiowh/wiki/WebServices

Also, I provides a java project named jbiowh-webservices-client that shows
different webservices clients.

You should note that I am developing the webservices and the client now. There
are only 9 modules available (DataSet, Taxonomy, Ontology, Gene, GenePTT,
OMIM, Protein, DrugBank and PirSF)

The webservices includes a simple explanation on how to use it. Try to use the
demo version installed at:

http://hydrax.icgeb.trieste.it:8080/jbiowh-webservices/

The source code can be downloaded from:

http://code.google.com/p/jbiowh/wiki/Source?tm=4

The compiled JAR files can be downloaded from:

http://net.icgeb.org/~roberto/m2repo/org/

Please, let me know if you need more help.

Let me know if you have an specific request for a webservices, namely, if you
need to retrieve using the webservices technology an specific set of data from
the JBioWH relational schema. I can develop it as soon as possible and put the
source code available.

With best regards,
Roberto

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 09:41:16 PM akhiles...@umail.uom.ac.mu