New JBioWH version 5.0.1

Roberto Vera Alvarez

Oct 25, 2013, 5:49:42 AM10/25/13
to jbiowh-...@googlegroups.com

Dear users,

We are glad to announce new changes to our JBioWH framework.

Due to further uses of our java API we decided to split the JBioWH JAR file in to three APIs. This will help to included the JBioWH API in other projects.

We created a core API named: jbiowh-core which includes all basic classes like the logger and some utilities for file handled.

Then, we create two independent APIs, jbiowh-dbms and jbiowh-persistence which uses the jbiowh-core.

The first API, jbiowh-dbms, includes all classes to connect, using the mysql-connector-java API to manipulate directly the relational schema. Also, this API includes the warehouse.sql script to create the relational schema.

The second API, jbiowh-persistence, includes the JPA classes and controllers to access, using the eclipselink API, to the data in an object oriented programming approach.

We include important changes to the source code. The class JBioWHUserData was created into the core API to storage the basic user data and will be available in the dbms and persistece APIs. This class is extended by the WHMySQL class who is an implementation of the WHDBMSFactory interface (jbiowh-dbms). Also, a new singleton class JBioWHDBMS (jbiowh-dbms) was created to manipulate all connections to the DBMS.

In the jbiowh-persistence API the class JBioWHPersistence was created to manipulate the different persistence schema that can be opened by the JBioWH framework. This class uses the JBioWHUserData too.

Using these tree APIs we released two main applications: JBioWH Parser and Desktop Client.

The JBioWH Parser is used to insert the data to the relational schema and the Desktop Client is the graphical interface for data visualization.

Please, go to our Download page to see the last updates

https://code.google.com/p/jbiowh/wiki/DownloadWiki?tm=2

Best regards,

Roberto