T24: Browser

veyan henry

Sep 20, 2010, 12:41:18 AM9/20/10
to jbase
Hi,

We are running on T24R08 version and Jbase 5.2.

We Installed the browser successfully but noticed that each time i try to log in through the browser i keep getting security violation, but using the same user and password i am able to log in through reflection or desktop.
We created another user and tried to use that user to sign in through the browser it corrupts the SPF. This is the fourth time this is happening thus we can't use the browser.

Please has anyone encountered this before, i need your assistance.

Regards
Henry

raphael olapade

Sep 20, 2010, 6:58:03 AM9/20/10
to jb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It could be that the database has been corupted and they should re-install ONLY bnk.data and try again.

This is because i have similar problem on my localhost.

Thanks.

Rgds,

Rafael

Raphael

Sai Prasanna

Sep 20, 2010, 8:50:17 AM9/20/10
to jb...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Please check whether the field OFS.PASSWORD in OFS.SOURCE is set to YES in the OFS SOURCE record which is specified in tcserver for the Browser.

Please make this field NULL and restart the tcserver and try to login

Lakshminarayann Veerasamy

Sep 20, 2010, 12:24:31 PM9/20/10
to jb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you checked RECORD.LOCK or using MW42 from jsh to see if there's something with respect to your user profile.

Regards
Laks

veyan henry

Sep 21, 2010, 2:16:43 AM9/21/10
to jb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Prasanna,

We have re-install the database from scratch again, re-installing the jbase everything and made sure the OFS.PASSWORD field in the OFS.SOURCE used is null, but we still get the same result, when we tried to sign in through the browser, it gave us security violation like before and when we created another user and used that, again it corrupted the SPF again.

VK

Sep 22, 2010, 3:15:51 AM9/22/10
to jBASE
Hi,
can you use your user/password combination with tSS?

From jbase prompt run:

tSS <OFS_SOURCE_ID>

be sure to use OFS.SOURCE record with SOURCE.TYPE = TELNET.

Then try a simple OFS message:

ENQUIRY.SELECT,,<user/password>,%USER

Keep in mind as well that setitngs for Desktop and Browser are stored
in different places: for Browser/R08 it's file environment.vars and
for Desktop/Telnet it's .profile in bnk.run. It might be that, for
example, you have JBASE_I18N enabled in one place and disabled in the
other; then you will surely get password problems...

BTW, what's jbase 5.2? The latest one in 5.x family is 5.0.24...

VK

On Sep 21, 10:16 am, veyan henry <henry.ve...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Prasanna,
>
> We have re-install the database from scratch again, re-installing the jbase
> everything and made sure the OFS.PASSWORD field in the OFS.SOURCE used is
> null, but we still get the same result, when we tried to sign in through the
> browser, it gave us security violation like before and when we created
> another user and used that, again it corrupted the SPF again.
>
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Sai Prasanna <saiprasan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi
>
> > Please check whether the field OFS.PASSWORD in OFS.SOURCE is set to YES in
> > the OFS SOURCE record which is specified in tcserver for the Browser.
>
> > Please make this field NULL and restart the tcserver and try to login

Artiom Popov

Sep 26, 2010, 2:56:35 AM9/26/10
to jBASE
Probably there are problems in your environment.vars file. Check
variables there

JBASE_CODEPAGE
JBASE_I18N
JBASE_LOCALE

Ramkumar Sreeni

Nov 26, 2010, 4:48:26 AM11/26/10
to jb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can you rename the environment.vars file present in TCS/conf/TCServer folder to something like environment.backup.vars and then from the same folder in jbase prompt try 'env > environment.vars'

eg :

jsh /conf/TCServer-> env > environment.vars

This will repopulate and make the environment.vars file in synch with the .profile file

Regards,
Ramkumar.S