Extraction of posts is very slow

Nicolas Delsaux

Apr 23, 2020, 4:08:55 AM4/23/20
to JBake Users
Hello all

I've recently restarted to use JBake to revive an old lifestream project.

All was going well ..

until I started to notice that post reading was very slow.

Indeed, I'm stuck with "[INFO] Parsed 9745 files of type: post" log
message for at least 5 minutes. When running in debug mode, the main
thread is named

Thread [main <query>select * from post where status='published' and ? in
tags order by date desc</query>] (Running)

Seems like OrientDB has some kind of trouble with that volume of message.

Has it already been seen ? Is there any kind of solution to optimize
things ?

Thanks

Nicolas Delsaux

Apr 23, 2020, 5:42:53 AM4/23/20
to jbake...@googlegroups.com
Well, forget about it. With just a little optimization, things were
definitely faster.

Manik Magar

Apr 23, 2020, 3:21:55 PM4/23/20
to Nicolas Delsaux, JBake Users
Thats good to know, Nicolas. Would you mind sharing what optimization was done? Maybe it could help someone else :). Thank you!

Regards,
Manik Magar

Nicolas Delsaux

Apr 25, 2020, 12:17:24 PM4/25/20
to JBake Users

For that precise point, I wanted to have in my post template a list of post tags like what is visible in this example : http://nicolas.delsaux.free.fr/lifestream/wordpress/2014/08/19/ca-y-est-jai-enfin-termine-la-migration-de-posterous.html (tags are on the left side).

As I need to have the list of post tag links, my initial template contained an iteration over all tags for each post : https://github.com/Riduidel/lifestream/commit/fb47ad1ccffecdba6be72fa76777353b39978c07 (see in particular my-lifestream/src/main/jbake/templates/post-content.ftl)

But my full website contains more than 3000 tags (more on that later)

Si I had to simplify things by rewriting the loop : https://github.com/Riduidel/lifestream/commit/ef5d19eaf98ddd20095c3aad85e7314d722d0dda

This solution is less good, cause some of the tags may have names that include invalid file names, but at least it works !