XML Parsing?

Chris Stewart-Johnson

Jun 12, 2012, 10:23:45 PM6/12/12
to Jazz Scheme
Hello.
I have been looking into the Jazzscheme platform recently and am very
interested by it. I am trying to determine if it suits all my needs,
as I would like to become more familiar with the language in order to
develop applications with it. One of the things which I am searching
the source code for is xml support, but I haven't been able to find
it. Is there any support for xml in the current Jazzscheme version?

Thanks!

~ Chris

Guillaume Cartier

Jun 13, 2012, 10:38:46 AM6/13/12
to jazzs...@googlegroups.com, chrisstew...@gmail.com
Hi Chris,

Short answer is no.

But nice coincidence, last week another Jazz user, Dominic Charley-Roy asked me the same question. We brainstormed and came to the conclusion that the most interesting solution seemed to integrate the SXML library (http://okmij.org/ftp/Scheme/SXML.html) to Jazz. From my understanding, SXML is the way to go for XML in Scheme. It is well known, documented, functional and high-performance from what I read.

We decided Dominic and me that he would first get to know SXML by using it directly in Gambit (from the Gambit dumping grounds: http://dynamo.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/wiki/index.php/Dumping_Grounds) and next week we'll sit together and integrate it in Jazz which should be easy.

I'll keep you posted.

Guillaume

~ Chris

Chris Stewart-Johnson

Jun 14, 2012, 1:28:32 AM6/14/12
to jazzs...@googlegroups.com, chrisstew...@gmail.com
Wow, good stuff. Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks for the answer.

~ Chris