This is why I live at my parents house - http://bit.ly/1Ae5dK3 - Rent isn't affordable for average people anymore -

1 view

Jay Blas Jacobo Cabrera

May 30, 2015, 3:13:48 PM5/30/15
to JBJC Primary Mailman Email List Email List, JBJC Primary Topica Email List Email List, JBJC Primary Yahoo group Yahoo group, JBJC Primary GoogleGroup GoogleGroup, Jay Blas Jacob Cabrera Main Blog Main Blog

This new updated report came out which clearly states why I still live at my parents house with not much hope of having the ability to pay my own rent anytime soon.

http://nlihc.org/sites/default/files/oor/OOR_2015_FULL.pdf

I don’t even make enough money to start saving for rent, and I don’t even pay rent. Rent can be over $2500 per month in our area, and typically costs over $5,000+ just to get in the door, that is if your lucky at getting a chance and them checking your credit report etc… Now  I know more about why its so hard...

The Report calculates the exact hourly rate you will need to make, to pay rent and still have money left over to live a normal life (like previous generations). In California that rate is $26.65.  In addition to states, the report also does individual cities.  In San Jose it is $34.79, in San Francisco it is $39.65, and Oakland it is $30.48. This isn’t to afford some amazing family house, this is just a basic 2 bedroom apartment for you and your loved one.  ,

I’ve been calculating for myself over the last few years, that even to have a chance at paying rent in this area you need to be making at least $20/hr (which I have not been able to find a job paying even this much), but my calculations are outdated from like 5 years ago, and inflation and housing speculation is going up so fast, basic pay rates have no chance in catching up, without major political change.

If there is anyone who doesn’t think that are current situation is INSANE, then you need to wake up and re-evaluate everything.

For me there are two main problems associated with this particular housing issue.

The first is housing speculation.  I support laws on the books that define the purpose of housing to be for people to live in and sleep in, and make food in, and do basic everyday living activities which have been done for thousands of years, Nothing more nothing less.   What is NOT the purpose of housing is to make money through investments and risky speculation, which inflates housing prices and creates the same housing bubble that destroyed our economy not so many years ago, and we could be heading right back int other same trap because nothing has changed since then, especially in the political landscape, which brings me to the second problem. Politics in our country has gone awry. We need to change it, and fast.  My solution is simple, launch a large national campaign, it doesn’t matter if it takes 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, it doesn’t matter how long it takes, what matters is that we as people realize that we must transform our political landscape to ensure representation of normal everyday people, the way to do this is very simple, just vote for candidates who run no/low money campaigns and are not influenced by big money. Thats it.  If everyone simply voted for normal people who weren’t taking millions of dollars in campaign contributions from the 1%, we could immediately transform our political landscape in just a few years. Is this the only political change we need? No, but it is at least a beginning to build a new foundation, from there we build the People’s Parallel Congress, which can exist simultaneously with the official congress, as it could take many years to get people to understand the benefit of not voting for the candidates backed by the rich, so we will create our own congress of candidate who ONLY represent normal everyday people (NO lobbyists, No Big Money interests, NO corporate interest).

As far as housing goes, if people agreed that the true purpose of housing is to house people, NOT to make money and speculate for the richest of the rich, then the first thing we should do is prioritize people buying primary houses to live in.  This is a very simple process. If someone wants to buy a house to live in for their family, they get priority above a rich or corporate speculator who is trying to buy their 50th house all in cash, for no other purpose than to make more money. Over 50% of foreclosures from the crash are bought by corporations. With this new law, sellers wouldn’t be able to sell to a real-estate investor, and MUST first sell to the highest physical human person who is buying the house for the purpose of housing. This would immediately lower the cost of buying a house if you plan on living in it, because you would no longer have to compete with 1000’s of real-estate speculators and corporations. It wouldn’t all happen right away, but eventually the cost of housing would balance out again to be aligned with the purpose of a house, actually living in a home for your family.

I have dedicated my life to make these and many other necessary changes and transformations happen, and I need help!!!!

If you have Time, then Call me and get active, we need to Organize!!!! http://wc.tc/GetInvolved
If you don’t have time, then donate Money to support transformation http://wc.tc/unite  http://wc.tc/Donate.html
If you don’t have money, then help tell other people and get the word out, share, re-tweet, forward this and other messages. . .
If you don't have time, money, or the ability to share, then just pray and wish for a miracle, miracles are a natural process of consciousness, so be optimistic and confident that we can succeed, and send energy to those making change. There are lots of great people out there doing great work.

Thanks for reading

Jay

Jay Blas Jacob Cabrera
PO Box 20175